Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Panels.........and honestly..........

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 11:24 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Panels.........and honestly..........

So, I'm not sure if it's my speakers of my door panels that are rattling... What I would like to know is, if it's the door panels, how can I keep them from rattling??? it's lissing me off because whenever I go over a hard bmp, or am listening to my radio, the "speakers rattle"....

and my second question is...honestly, why does everyone recommend so many upgrades and different things other than what the LR dealer recommends?? I mean.. they ARE the people that make them and sell them, so wouldn't they know what's best for the vehicles?? What I'm talking about are the shocks/springs...fluids...and what not..

Just a question I've been thinking about for a while...

Thanks! and Happy Rovering!!

John-Robert

Old 08-07-2007, 11:34 PM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: Door Panels.........and honestly..........

not sure about the rattling but the dealer just wants you to buy stuff from them. they also dont want to deal with potential issues aftermarket products might have. we recommend things from personal experience or found something cheaper and does the job just as good as a genuine part.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:53 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We've also found non OEM parts that do the job better too in some cases. Like already said, the "Stealer" is at the end on the day, just trying to make a living by selling you his wares rather than you go elsewhere.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:54 AM
ajh
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For a rattle it's not likely the door panel itself unless the press-fittings have broken, and more than one. You'll need to open things up and check, the most likely thing is the window assembly loose in the track.

I was having some odd rattles and noises, but I just spent 3 weeks with the vehicle apart putting in B-Quiet Ultimate on all the metal panels, their L-Comp on floors and anywhere else I could fit it, and will be putting studio grade accoustic foam behind the panels in the rear next week once I'm finished with my sound upgrade. So far there is significantly less rattle and vibration but it's been a lot of work.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Mudding

I get ya'll!

Thanks! My dad was just harping on me about not taking it to the dealership, and he kept asking me, why all the different stuff.. and why all the upgrades....

so now, I've got an answer! :]

ajh: would you explain this B-Quiet Ultimate stuff to me?? Thanks!!

John-Robert

Old 08-08-2007, 04:47 PM
ajh
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

B-Quiet Ultimate is like Dynamat but significantly cheaper. Don't get the other kinds, there's a good site out there that compares noise dampers. You put it on the sheet metal and it absorbs the vibration helping to keep things quieter. Most people just put it on the inside of the doors to help prevent the speakers from vibrating things and buzzing etc. You should be able to find lots of info out there if you look at www.b-quiet.com and search for dynamat and similar. Lots of people use asphalt mat, I wouldn't trust it, the butyl based ones like the newer Dynamat and Ultimate are seriously sticky. Land Rover has already used some very pricey butyl matting in key areas on the vehicle. You probably didn't know what it was when you saw it but that's what the stuff stuck to the sheet metal is.