Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   EBC pads/rotors? (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/ebc-pads-rotors-43597/)

grandkodiak 09-08-2011 05:00 PM

EBC pads/rotors?

Anyone have experience with EBC pads/rotors on Disco 2's?

Other than that, anyone out here running with any store brands like Wearever or Duralast compared to OEM?

Disco Mike 09-08-2011 05:28 PM

Don't run store brand brake pads, most are dusty, cause 3 amigos and don't last long.
If you want some stopping power, consider DBA slotted and drilled, not dimpled, rotors and a set of Akabona ceramic pads.

longjon76 09-12-2011 07:54 AM

I'm running EBCs on my Disco and have no complaints 3k+ miles in to them.

vishrb 09-15-2011 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Disco Mike (Post 266994)
Don't run store brand brake pads, most are dusty, cause 3 amigos and don't last long.
If you want some stopping power, consider DBA slotted and drilled, not dimpled, rotors and a set of Akabona ceramic pads.

This happened to me. About to bite the bullet and replace the pads and rotors if need be. Withen a couple of days from the pads and rotors being on I started getting the 3 amigos. I may try to just replace the pads first. Squeal all the time anyway.

vishrb 09-15-2011 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Disco Mike (Post 266994)

I do not need premium pads but do want squeal free and dust free. My rotors are not slotted or dimpled. Any suggestions?

FightOnUSC79 09-15-2011 11:59 AM

I'm running Akabona ceramic pads and replaced the rotors with OEM when i installed the pads and the difference is amazing.

drowssap 09-15-2011 12:20 PM

Akabona euro ceramic pads a world of difference over stock style pads, check amazon.com for pricing.

jimmyfingers 09-15-2011 12:52 PM

Question I found Akebon euro ultra ceramic pads part number EUR676 for $76.10 and Akebono Premium ceramic disc part number ISD676 for $60.93.

What is the differnce, one place stated the euro parts come with a backing of some sort, sounds strange but didn't question it. To be honest didnt really listen to him. I figured I would come to you guys.

lordmorpheus 09-15-2011 07:24 PM

Check Akebono: Aftermarket Products and Services. You can get PDF brochures of both pad models and compare. I went with the Euro ceramics when I did my brakes and love them.

ajmille 09-15-2011 07:39 PM

I have the EBC slotted and dimpled rotor's with the ceramic pads and they are great, I have approx 6,ooo, miles on them and they stop on a dime.My sugestion, while you change your rotor and pads, bleed out the hole system, rebuild your calipers as you can rebuild all four for about forty dollars, which will replace your old seals, and all your brake hardware.DONT FOGET TO SPRAY YOUR ROTORS AND PADS WITH BRAKE CLEANER AFTER THEY ARE INSTALLED, AND USE LATEX GLOVES WHILE HANDALING THE PADS AND ROTORS, as the oil from your hands can cause squiling.