Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Embarrassing moment at a gas station...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 06:29 PM
KBW
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hazletbassist89
That's ok, I once shut off my truck at a gas station in gear and couldn't figure out for like a good 2 or 3 minutes why the key wouldn't come out of the ignition. Then I noticed it was still in drive :P
I had this happen to me when I brought my disco to my dad's house for him to check it out. I was pretty embarrassed and he just laughed.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:15 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

hahaha I will never forget this moment from my junior year in High school. The lot where the juniors park is on a hill, so this girl who drives an old toyota or something flys up, clearly in a rush. She happens to park at the top of the hill, right where it starts to get somewhat steep. So anyways, she flys into the spot, and opens her door before I could blink (everyone was giving her a glare for driving so wildly.) Anyways, as she has her feet on the ground ready to jump out I realize that she is slowly rolling forward, about this time she does too! (she left it in D or neutral) HAHAHA this chick was clueless, as she started picking up speed I see her trying to slow the car down WITH HER FEET! Hello?? Brakes????? Somehow she didnt hit anyone or thing, except for a parking curb in which her car beached itself on. Tore the bumper off, but she had it coming. Anyone who drives fast in a parking lot deserves to be taught a lesson. But man... what a laugh I had at that.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:46 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Isn't Filling your car up whilst still running is a bit naughty, big nono over here!!.

BTW, dont forget there is a little arrow on the fuel gauge to remind you which side the fuel filler is

Old 03-01-2009, 03:04 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last year I was talking to my buddy while he was filling up our work truck, as we where talking he was saying things like damn pump dang this and dang that well 10 min had past and he says holy SH%&*(#@$% then he tells me he has the gas handle with the 10 ft of hose hanging out of his gas tank! To this day he never got caught!!