Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine overheating after parking?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 02:54 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Spike, thanks for the recommendation, didn't even think about doing that, I'll have to do that first thing tomorrow.

Sloan, I don't think so, they paid extra for the car to be taken to a Land Rover dealership so that someone who knew what they were doing better than them could work on it. So far they have been pretty straight foward... Even so when my local guy gets back in town I will have him look at it... And the current mileage is 75,566...

SDinDS, I have not seen it at all above half, but my wife drove it twice and she said she thought she saw it go just a "tad" [in her words] over halfway.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:26 AM
Winching
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreamingLife
...I have not seen it at all above half, but my wife drove it twice and she said she thought she saw it go just a "tad" [in her words] over halfway.
FYI...You need to keep in mind that your temp gauge is really an idiot light in disguise. It reads cold, normal operating temp range (in the middle), and overheated.

My guess is that your wife's description is due her viewing angle. If the needle actually goes above the middle of the gauge, the engine is already overheating...

Old 06-15-2011, 02:58 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dcarr1971
My guess is that your wife's description is due her viewing angle. If the needle actually goes above the middle of the gauge, the engine is already overheating...
That is my best guess as well. Shes about 7 inches shorter than I am, and I haven't noticed anything.

Also, washed my engine off this morning, drove to work and smelt nothing.