Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Post - Anyone deal with LR dealers in ATL?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 11:55 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Post - Anyone deal with LR dealers in ATL?

Bought my wife an '04 Disco HSE (Zambezi Silver) in May. We got it at Bear Valley Land Rover Sales in Roswell, GA. It had just shy of 21k on it. Great bunch of guys to deal with at Bear Valley. They took our Tahoe on trade and gave us a great deal.

Made an appointment with Hennessy Land Rover in Buckhead to have the 30k service done. I also told the guy the passenger outside door handle needs to be looked at. You have to jerk on it to open the door. Also, one of the horn buttons sticks. I dropped the car off yesterday using the Early Bird drop. Some service guy called me around 8:00 AM and tells me - "it says here that you'd like your car back by 4PM. There is NO WAY IN THE WORLD we can have it back for you today". He said they never get cars back to their owners the same day. All of the LR dealers in ATL are owned by Hennessy and they are the same way.

Is this typical of LR dealers? They also don't provide a loaner car if you didn't buy your vehicle from their dealership. I can't believe a premium brand vehicle would treat a customer like this. Heck, I've had a major service, timing belt, and a clutch installed within 8 hours at a dealer with an appointment. All other premium brands I've owned (Acura, BMW, Audi) have provided loaner cars no matter where you bought the car.

Just wondering if this is just a Hennessy problem or its typical of Land Rover dealers in general.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 10-26-2005, 05:30 PM
Administrator
Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: First Post - Anyone deal with LR dealers in ATL?

i dont live there, but i have worked at a nonner dealership, and the first rule of dealerships...they are run by car salesman...car salesman are crooks..once they have your money for that vehicle, they couldnt give a damn less whether or not youre happy.