Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   GF chip yes or no (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/gf-chip-yes-no-54362/)

lilherc 11-16-2012 10:13 AM

GF chip yes or no

Out of curiosity that GF chip that is advertised on this forum is it just a gimmick or does it work at all. I'm going to be adding a piper torque cam upgrade when I do my head gasket kit and was wondering if adding the GF chip will help at all.

lr2001silver 11-16-2012 10:21 AM

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

most if not all chips for these trucks are like feeding a turtle racing fuel and expecting it to go faster. They just were not built for that.

ZGPhoto 11-16-2012 10:28 AM

haha... chips man. You'd be better off with Lays or Ruffles..

br0keit 11-16-2012 11:21 AM

This
is
not
a
race
car.

90'sDisco 11-16-2012 11:31 AM

Many chips offer better efficiency. In this case would a MILD cam + a better fuel mapping increase performance (slightly) and get you a few more miles per tank?

ZGPhoto 11-16-2012 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by 90'sDisco (Post 357683)
Many chips offer NO CHANGE IN efficiency. In this case ITwould BE a MILD SCAM + NO CHANGE IN fuel mapping SAME performance (slightly) and NOT get you a few more miles per tank?

Fixed that for you.

lr2001silver 11-16-2012 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto (Post 357689)
Fixed that for you.

Hagahahahahahahahahahaha that is alot better!

Just put this magic chip on your car and everything will be better. Yeah okay so why are these magic chips not being installed by the vehicle manufacturer? Hmmmm great question because they suck and are worthless.

mirrajumper 11-16-2012 12:13 PM

The only way to know for sure is to have someone with a disco get some 4WD dyno time and post the torque curves up here for all to see. THEN, we can have a healthy discussion about cams and the software required to support them. It will be very interesting to see where the flat spots are on the graph and what, if anything, can be done with cams,software and whatever else to address that.

binvanna 11-16-2012 12:28 PM

These are the same guys that bash Rislone even though they've never tried it.

lr2001silver 11-16-2012 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by binvanna (Post 357698)
These are the same guys that bash Rislone even though they've never tried it.

Who bashed rislone? Don't put words in my mouth. I have never said the word Rislone ever on this forum until now. And I can tell you that your assuming that these senior members have not tried it. But you and I both know what the first 3 letters of assume are and that's what your sounding like. Most of the Guy's that post here about a product good or bad only give a input about a specific product if we have first hand experience. When you guess or ASSume your an idiot.