Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to look at a '01 DII SE tomorrow with 58k

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 09:25 PM
rtm
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought it for $6300. Only rust on it is the bolted on accessories. Underneath looks great. Two prior owners: original owner split time between here (Colorado) and her home in TX. Prior owner works at the local LR dealership, bought in 2017 when original owner traded in for something new.

She said she once saw the three amigos but they then went away and never returned. The horn doesn't work. Ultragauge shows stable temps between 190-204 consistently during test drive, the drive home and while idling. No error codes.

Rear sunroof not sliding... previous owner said it was disabled when the roof rack was installed. TBH it looks like there is plenty of clearance -- same amount as front sunroof which works. Is this just a story covering for a broken sunroof?

So far I'm really pleased.

Old 08-26-2018, 09:28 PM
Received 313 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by rtm
I bought it for $6300. Only rust on it is the bolted on accessories. Underneath looks great. Two prior owners: original owner split time between here (Colorado) and her home in TX. Prior owner works at the local LR dealership, bought in 2017 when original owner traded in for something new.

She said she once saw the three amigos but they then went away and never returned. The horn doesn't work. Ultragauge shows stable temps between 190-204 consistently during test drive, the drive home and while idling. No error codes.

Rear sunroof not sliding... previous owner said it was disabled when the roof rack was installed. TBH it looks like there is plenty of clearance -- same amount as front sunroof which works. Is this just a story covering for a broken sunroof?

Congrats! I hope it runs great for years for you.

The rear sunroof thing sounds like baloney, maybe it’s possible, but the racks are made to allow them to open I believe. My old arb allowed it.

Old 08-26-2018, 09:33 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 388 Likes on 315 Posts

Nice find, fair price. Congrats. If the sunroof is closed and it doesn’t leak, NEVER open it again. Enjoy!

Old 08-26-2018, 10:36 PM
Mudding
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by rtm

Something else would be wrong with it. I have the exact same rack and both my sunroofs open.

The following users liked this post:
rtm (08-26-2018)
Old 08-26-2018, 10:54 PM
rtm
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tcr6v1
Something else would be wrong with it. I have the exact same rack and both my sunroofs open.
Do you know the manufacturer?

Old 08-27-2018, 12:20 AM
Mudding
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by rtm
Do you know the manufacturer?
safety devices

http://www.safetydevices.com/expedition/products/roof-rack/Land+Rover+Discovery+2+-4-door-with+roof+rails-without-sunroof-Rain+gutter-Full/45/1681/

rtm (08-27-2018)
Old 08-27-2018, 07:05 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by stillruns
Nice find, fair price. Congrats. If the sunroof is closed and it doesn’t leak, NEVER open it again. Enjoy!
Totally agree. The rear sunroof gives you that cool look once a year when you have it open on a nice day and people see you have a moonroof, but is otherwise not worth the risk of leaks.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:06 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by rtm

You probably have the lowest mileage Disco II in several--if not ALL-- States. Congrats!

rtm (08-27-2018)
Old 08-27-2018, 07:12 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,403 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Well you stole that one.

Old 08-27-2018, 06:02 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

That's the same rig as mine.....Yours was built in September 2000, you have a CDL transfer case, just need to add linkage.

rtm (08-27-2018)

Quick Reply: Going to look at a '01 DII SE tomorrow with 58k