Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hankook Dynapro MT - best mud tire?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hankook Dynapro MT - best mud tire?

Four wheeler did a mud tire shootout in the April issue with ten tires from goodyear, bfg, pit bull, interco,nitto and others. Surprisingly, the Hankook won, here's the link.

Mud Tire Shootout First Place: Hankook Dynapro MT - Four Wheeler Magazine

I found the article and wanted a great mud tire, found they make the proper size for my 18s and the price was right at discounttiredirect, so I bought a set.

After a month of driving through mud, over rocks, and hardpack trails, I couldn't be happier. The tire has exceptional grip over every off road surface I've tried. I haven't even aired down like they did I'm the test (10psi). They stand out most in the mud where they have astonishing grip. TC is rarely used now.

On the road they are good, but they are not as good as the terragrapplers in the stock size I had before. Grapplers were great on road but terrible in the mud. These tires have a slight hum on road, but just slightly more than a regular tire. They have zero vibration issues on road.

The drawbacks - they are heavy 10 ply tires, and don't ride as well as stock size terragrapplers. Steering feel on road is less. Even though they are reasonably priced, my wallet lightned by four figures, but they have performed so well I would buy them again.