Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hart brake rotors/pads???

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 12:01 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Hart brake rotors/pads???

Front Rear Kit Platinum Hart Drill Slot Brake Rotors Ceramic Pads 2135 | eBay

Anyone tried these? Cheapest way to upgrade to cross-drilled/slotted rotors + ceramic pads I've seen at $216 for all 4 corners...less than half of what AB is selling the EBC kit for.

Sometimes you get what you pay for, and sometimes you get gouged because of a brand name.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:28 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

F+R pads, and F+R cross drilled and slotted rotors, for $216?

You get what you pay for.

And by that, I mean I wouldn't use that kit to hold a door open, let alone rely on it to stop almost 2 1/2 tons of truck reliably and safely.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:22 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts
Default brakes

I bought a similar set from ebay a couple years ago. Chinese, sounds like there are a couple factories spitting them out and people rebrand them.
Slotted, cross drilled w pads.

The fronts warped in a year, the rears are good after about 40k miles.
The pads are still good on both. So, for $200 I got my monies worth.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:41 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Thinking of switching to a Li battery...then it's only 2.495 tons!

I've heard horror stories about EBC as well. The TF kit is around $500...not really an inbetween price but $50 is $50.

Old 09-09-2015, 09:01 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Dan7
Thinking of switching to a Li battery...then it's only 2.495 tons!

I've heard horror stories about EBC as well. The TF kit is around $500...not really an inbetween price but $50 is $50.
I have EBC front slotted rotors, and Akebono pads at all 4 corners.

I'm about 20k miles into this setup, and so far they've been great.

What bad things have you heard about the EBC rotors? I'd like to keep an eye out if there's a known issue.

Old 09-09-2015, 09:57 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Actually when I go back and researched, it was the EBC green stuff pads that got the bad reviews...mostly related to not working well until warmed up which can be scary if you need to brake hard before that point.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:08 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Ah ok.

Yeah, EBC Greenstuff don't like to work until they've warmed up a bit. The redstuff is less so, and the Yellow Stuff is the best of both worlds, however they're extremely dusty.

I run the Yellow Stuff pads on my SHO, since I like to drive to and from the track without having to change the pads in between.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:31 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 971 Likes on 646 Posts

I've got the TF drilled and slotted with Federo pads and I love them. The pads are wearing down kinda quick (almost half in just under 15k miles, atleast on the front), but then again I pull a lot and drive my disco like a sports car. I'll be trying the akebono pads next time I have to switch, but the federos have been fine. I've overheated them a couple times, to the point of them turning blue and smoking for about 20 minutes while I let them cool down. I will say, if you start to smell them then pull over and let them cool off because you're about two hard corners from having a hard time stopping, but it takes a LOT to get them there. By a lot, I mean going ***** to the wall down the side of a mountain. They have yet to warp or crack after that and I'll be buying these rotors back next time I need a set.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:39 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts

I just recently installed the EBC rotors and Akebono pads. I have two toddlers with me, most of the time, so my driving is relatively sane. The difference in braking has been very noticeable, but the old pads were getting close to metal and the rotors were nice and grooved. I wanted to get pads that did not consistently cover my wheels with brake dust.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 91 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Joemamma1954
I just recently installed the EBC rotors and Akebono pads. I have two toddlers with me, most of the time, so my driving is relatively sane. The difference in braking has been very noticeable, but the old pads were getting close to metal and the rotors were nice and grooved. I wanted to get pads that did not consistently cover my wheels with brake dust.
I put Akebono's on the back and have had almost zero dust since.

I am waiting for the fronts to wear out to put them there as well.

Quick Reply: Hart brake rotors/pads???