Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have an issue with the 95 Disco

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have an issue with the 95 Disco

Well the one that has not given me any problems just gave my wife problems today, nothing serious but to her it is. The radio now will not come on and the anti-theft light is blinking. The radio display does not show code, (if it did I have the code to put back in). When turning on the radio **** nothing lights up. According to the owners manual a drop in voltage can cause this. I did put a battery charger on the battery, and the batterycharged veryquickly, so the battery seems to be good. I guess it is time to disconnect the battery and see if the radio displays the code? Anything else to try before disconnecting the battery?

Thanks

Old 12-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Have an issue with the 95 Disco

Did you try the fuse first? I think it is on the main fuse box under dash. Had it happen the same way once.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:38 AM
Rock Crawling

If the fuse thing doesn't work you'll have to disconnect the battery like you said. A voltage drop probably corrupts the "data" in the flash memory and thus the radio gets "confused". Take off the negative cable for about 5-10 minutes and hopefully this will clear it. You may have to start it up and let it idle for a few minutes after you reconnect the battery so the ECU can re-learn the engines "mapping"? May tell you in the owners manual?

Old 12-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Mudding

Well, tried the fuse thing, that didn't work. Then disconnected the battery waited more than 15 min, after restarting let idle for about 10 min the radio doesn'tseem topower on, however the anti theft light that was blinking before is no longer blinking (the one on the radio). When locking the doors the other anti theft light blinks as normal. I'm at a loss now, the radio in my '88 Range Rover did the same thing (sort of) however got to the point where I could enter the code, but no sound. This one is my project vehicle so I'm not worried about it as much, but it would be nice to listen to some tunes, but on the Disco since it is my wife's, well I had better get it figured out quick or I'm in the "dog house".

Old 12-16-2007, 10:41 PM
Mudding

Well, if you got a sleeping bag the disco sleeps pretty well...

Old 12-16-2007, 10:58 PM
Mudding

I guess I have my choice to sleep in, or get her an IPOD?

Old 12-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Mudding

Here is the update, on the Radio problem. Checked every fuse all good. Disconnected the battery for 15 min (negative only) put it back on, now the anti theft light on the radio does not flash. Radio does not seem to light up. Stopped by the dealer today looking for advice, they advised to leave the key on for over an hour, with the radio **** on. Did that, nothing on the radio display, does not seem to come on, checked fuses again, all fuses are good. No display of the word code so that I may enter the code. There seems to be power to the radio because I can see a little bit of a green light in the cassette part of the radio. Any other suggestions?

Old 01-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Mudding

Here is the last on the Radio issue. After letting the vehicle run in the driveway for 2 hours, radio did not flash for the code. Wife driving back and forth to work for the last 2 weeks nothing short drives. Strange thing this morning went out to start vehicle to let warm up for the wife, and low and behold the radio said CODE, entered the code and low and behold since it was set to CD the first CD track one started playing. Strangest thing I have seen, so the wife is now really happy and can listen to her tunes on her 4 min drive to work. So I guess patience can be a virtue.