Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here are pictures of aftermarket headlights and fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Here are pictures of aftermarket headlights and fog lights

For those who are deciding on bulbs, here is 5900k H7 headlights and high beam. The fog lights are 3000k H11 yellow color temperature. You can find these of ebay for 9$

Attached Thumbnails Here are pictures of aftermarket headlights and fog lights-lr_trail-002.jpg   Here are pictures of aftermarket headlights and fog lights-lr_trail-003.jpg   Here are pictures of aftermarket headlights and fog lights-lr_trail-004.jpg  
Old 06-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Who did you buy your HID kit from and how much was it?
You bought the hi-lo kit?

Old 06-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Spike555
Who did you buy your HID kit from and how much was it?
You bought the hi-lo kit?
It was just halogen bulbs, no HID kit. They cost too much. lol

It was 9$ for a set of high and low beams.

ebay: design4styles

Old 06-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Team Owner

Oh ok, I thought you bought a HID kit.
Prices on those kits are all over the place, anywhere from $70 on up and there is no way to know which ones are good or not.
And if you use the "you get what you pay for" then the $300 HID kit would be the one to buy, but some people say that the $100 kit works great, so I dont know.
The new bulbs look good on your truck.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my 04 S doesnt have the holes for fog lights in the bumper.

are your holes factory?

Old 06-19-2009, 09:26 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's something interesting for you Spike. I bought both sets of HIDs for my Rover on ebay as well as the headlights HIDs for my Dodge. The headlight kits cost me $110 per kit for dual beam and the H1 kit for my Hellas was $70. They give me absolutely no problems. They start up the first time every time and very little to no noise through my CB. The HID kit I bought for the factory fog lights on my Dodge cost me $139 from a guy locally and the noise through my CB is so bad with the fog lights on the CB is practically useless. Turn off the fog lights, noise goes away even with my HID headlights on. (I realize most people don't run CBs in the vehicles so this won't be an issue but thought some might find the difference interesting.)

I guess what I'm saying is that price really isn't a good measuring stick when it comes to HID kits. Unfortunately unless you get a recommendation from someone who has used a particular kit it's kind of a crap shoot.

For anyone not sold on the HID conversion I highly recommend the Sylvania Silverstar series of headlight bulbs. Very similar in color to my 4300K HID and extremely bright for a halogen bulb. I used them prior to upgrading to the HIDs and was very happy.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by AK Rover
They start up the first time every time and very little to no noise through my CB. The HID kit I bought for the factory fog lights on my Dodge cost me $139 from a guy locally and the noise through my CB is so bad with the fog lights on the CB is practically useless. Turn off the fog lights, noise goes away even with my HID headlights on. (I realize most people don't run CBs in the vehicles so this won't be an issue but thought some might find the difference interesting.)
AK Rover, what is the CB you are referring to?

Old 06-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Team Owner

A CB is a CB radio like truck drivers use, AK is a truck driver, I used to be one.
Almost all truck drivers use CB radios to communicate with other truckers so you can share info or just chat when you are bored/lonely.
Alot of off roaders put them in their trucks so that when they go off roading in groups you can talk to each other.

"AK, there is a big rock in the way, go around to the left"
"Ok, will do"
Most places that you off road there is no cell service.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Spike555
A CB is a CB radio like truck drivers use, AK is a truck driver, I used to be one.
Almost all truck drivers use CB radios to communicate with other truckers so you can share info or just chat when you are bored/lonely.
Alot of off roaders put them in their trucks so that when they go off roading in groups you can talk to each other.

"AK, there is a big rock in the way, go around to the left"
"Ok, will do"
Most places that you off road there is no cell service.
Right the ones with the added long antennas.

I would so add the antennas just for look. I love them.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:53 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Spike's right, I am a truck driver so I'm pretty much addicted to the CB radio. I also use the CB radio in my Rover when I'm out wheeling with a group.

Quick Reply: Here are pictures of aftermarket headlights and fog lights