Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 11:05 AM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: HOG

As we all know the problem with PCs is not the hardware, it's Windows. Windows is just EVIL. I'm not one that holds Microsoft responsible for taking over the PC market like they have and creating a monopoly, that's just good marketing and business. What I do fault them for is making such an inferior product. It seems like every new version of Windows has more problems than the previous. The Mac OS is not perfect either but it's 100 times better than the best Windows. I am going to have to look and see if I can find how to run Mac OS on my Dell at home.

Spike - Good luck on the new job. Or is it welcome back to your old job? Either way god luck.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I agree that it is Windows fault. The ONLY reason I would stay with a Windows laptop is the price, they are dirt cheap compared to a Mac. And I could remove my harddrive and plug it into the new PC and not loose anything.
But that is the lazy way to go.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Old 09-07-2008, 02:23 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not that this applys to your average pc but, the windows server 2003 operating system is a very stable operating system. But, I will have to agree that vista does just SUCK. XP was good in my opinion but, what ended up happening was ms didn't keep the security holes covered so little things over the internet would eventually find their way into your pc and just RAPE it. Linux to me has always been a very good operating system. Its stable and best of all FREE lol just a pain in the butt to use sometimes. I have always liked unix opearting systems in general whether it be mac, solaris, linux etc. If things could go back in time i would have stopped old billy from unleashing ms and unix would have probably been the standard. But, when you think about it maybe unix would have the same problems. XP is very stabe in its OWN isolated enviornment, i use it to run flight simulators all the time and when xp isn't connected to the internet its a great os. the momment you connect it and it starts getting "automatic updates" which i think slow everything down rather than improve it and then virus and then get on it and pretty soon xp is looking at you going UHH yeah i can't operate anymore BLUE SCREEN! The way I look at it if unix was the standard then everyone would be trying to hack into it and it would probably have automatic updates and so fourth. XP has been OK for me I didn't care for 2000 or 98 YUCK xp was ok but vista OMFG WTH DID YOU DO MS!