Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   How did I just turn on my headlights while locking the car? (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/how-did-i-just-turn-my-headlights-while-locking-car-29155/)

EstorilM 02-21-2010 07:09 PM

How did I just turn on my headlights while locking the car?

Uhh, am I losing my mind? I swear my DRLs just turned on while I was pressing the lock button on my fob! I press it twice or so because the stupid door actuators are all failing :rolleyes::rolleyes: .

...but then my headlights turned on?

...then I pressed it again, and they turned off.

I seriously don't remember anything about this feature in the manual (and couldn't get it to happen again!)

Robmcin 02-21-2010 07:11 PM

Yep, if you hold the lock button for like 20 seconds when locking the car, the headlights will sty on for like 30 seconds or something. It is in your owner's manual

EstorilM 02-21-2010 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Robmcin (Post 163843)
Yep, if you hold the lock button for like 20 seconds when locking the car, the headlights will sty on for like 30 seconds or something. It is in your owner's manual

She must have gotten confused then, because I only hit it for a second *runs to find manual..*

EstorilM 02-21-2010 07:18 PM

Okay never mind - I'm losing my mind for sure.

It's in there, but the delay is 2 seconds, and sure enough pressing the button again turns them off.

These cars must have had one of the most intense factory security systems on the market in '99! 7 pages of stuff.

Spike555 02-21-2010 07:43 PM

Speaking of the alarm system on your truck do NOT super lock it, if you do and the battery goes dead you will never get it open ever again. (ok you can, but it is not easy)

Robmcin 02-21-2010 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by EstorilM (Post 163847)
Okay never mind - I'm losing my mind for sure.

It's in there, but the delay is 2 seconds, and sure enough pressing the button again turns them off.

These cars must have had one of the most intense factory security systems on the market in '99! 7 pages of stuff.

Well, no more than me, I was holding the button for 20 seconds instead of 2..

and that manual is sometimes like reading war & peace!!:eek:

EstorilM 02-21-2010 09:02 PM

Haha tell me about it.

And yeah I read that superlocking section again too, especially the part about not locking kids inside hahaha.

Wow so the normal "manual" key operation can't re-open it huh? No bueno! Especially considering how reliable our door lock actuators are haha.

Spike555 02-21-2010 09:15 PM

The super lock is a dead bolt that secures the door to the frame and it is 100% electric.
There have been people on here who went on vacation and super locked their truck at the air port, came back 10 days later and the battery was dead, wont unlock no matter what you do.
You need to get power to the system, either you need to break a window and pop the hood, break the grill and release the hood with the latch, remove the drivers headlight and release the hood, or crawl under the truck and jump the starter with another car to get power to the battery to unlock the truck.

EstorilM 02-21-2010 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Spike555 (Post 163868)
The super lock is a dead bolt that secures the door to the frame and it is 100% electric.
There have been people on here who went on vacation and super locked their truck at the air port, came back 10 days later and the battery was dead, wont unlock no matter what you do.
You need to get power to the system, either you need to break a window and pop the hood, break the grill and release the hood with the latch, remove the drivers headlight and release the hood, or crawl under the truck and jump the starter with another car to get power to the battery to unlock the truck.

Hahahaha wow. Sorry. That just totally sums up my relationship with this vehicle so far!