Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still got the 3 Amigos

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 04:25 PM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Still got the 3 Amigos

I have an 02 Disco with 150k, I was getting intermittent 3 Amigos. I don't have a Hawkeye Scan Tool so I took a risk and installed a Shuttle Valve because many sources said the Shuttle Valve is the cause 98% of the time. It was great for a week but today they came back.

Another person on this forum said I should remove the shuttle valve again, which can apparently be done without disconnecting the six lines, avoiding the chance of a stripping out the soft and aluminum thread in the module and the need to bleed the brakes. After I remove the shuttle valve, I should remove the internal connector jack and reroute the two brown wires to the outside extend the wires run one to a ground and the other to the green and yellow wire that is part of the large multi-wire jack on the right side of the module.

All I did before was change the shuttle valve but apparently it wasn't enough.

I am on the right track now?

Old 11-11-2015, 04:59 PM
Winching
Received 139 Likes on 106 Posts
Old 11-11-2015, 05:06 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by bostongrun
I have an 02 Disco with 150k, I was getting intermittent 3 Amigos. I don't have a Hawkeye Scan Tool so I took a risk and installed a Shuttle Valve because many sources said the Shuttle Valve is the cause 98% of the time. It was great for a week but today they came back.

Another person on this forum said I should remove the shuttle valve again, which can apparently be done without disconnecting the six lines, avoiding the chance of a stripping out the soft and aluminum thread in the module and the need to bleed the brakes. After I remove the shuttle valve, I should remove the internal connector jack and reroute the two brown wires to the outside extend the wires run one to a ground and the other to the green and yellow wire that is part of the large multi-wire jack on the right side of the module.

All I did before was change the shuttle valve but apparently it wasn't enough.

I am on the right track now?
Have you reset the ABS module after making the initial repair? If not, I highly suggest it.

Yes, this.
"Remove the shuttle valve, I should remove the internal connector jack and reroute the two brown wires to the outside extend the wires run one to a ground and the other to the green and yellow wire that is part of the large multi-wire jack on the right side of the module".

Old 11-12-2015, 11:21 AM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You have to reset the abs. I have an icarsoft930, reset and they came back after 100 miles. Pulled the shuttle valve and they both tested fine. So option b for me. It took about an hour and I have not had 3 amigos. It has been one week. If you own a disco 2, a code reader is a must!