Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   Interior maintenance (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/interior-maintenance-85172/)

Tomzsix 07-19-2017 06:49 PM

Interior maintenance

I read mostly, how to prevent engine failure, service on suspension, and so forth. But I do not see much on keeping the seats and carpet in top shape. Mequiars seems to be top notch. Has anybody used any other products?? How about "new car spray"?? Does that really work??

CollieRover 07-19-2017 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tomzsix (Post 613087)
I read mostly, how to prevent engine failure, service on suspension, and so forth. But I do not see much on keeping the seats and carpet in top shape. Mequiars seems to be top notch. Has anybody used any other products?? How about "new car spray"?? Does that really work??

youtube is a good resource. Steam is good for a deep clean and really gentle degreaser like dawn detergent.

I like to use Lexol on an damp sponge, both the cleaner and conditioner for the seats.

aside from that nothing special.

batard 07-20-2017 01:27 PM

On this topic, I've been thinking for years about getting the driver's seat reupholstered—it's pretty tatty and no amount of cleaning is going to help. The fabric itself is stretched and worn. A company called Exmoor used to make kits, but I don't think they're available anymore. You could probably get them done custom, but I'd bet that'd cost a good chunk of change.

LandGrover 08-12-2017 04:43 PM

How do I get more air flow out of my fan in my 04 Disco? My ac is on high but seems weak when air is blowing. The temp is fine just the flow of air. I understand there is no cabin filter.

Davis31052 08-12-2017 05:21 PM

Just an idea about fixing the seat. A lot of times, the drivers is the only seat that needs work. I have a local upholsterer who will do patch work.

I go to the auto salvage yard and find the same color material on the back seat and cut off that cover, making sure I get enough material to replace the bad section.

I disassemble the seat and take only the part needing repair. They stitch in the repair for $60-$80 bucks.

Dave03S 08-12-2017 05:42 PM

That's what I did, only my upholstery guy had a match so I just bought a yard for like $10. The whole job was just under $300 with me taking the seat in and leaving it with them. They also added new bolster foam as the left side was worn down. Like new now.

It's also a good time to fix your seat heater if it doesn't work!

ArmyRover 08-12-2017 07:13 PM

For cleaning I do Lexol cleaner for normal cleanings. For deeper cleans warm water with dawn detergent and a soft bristled electric tooth brush.

For conditioning I will use the Lexol conditioner for normal cleans than a couple times a year I will use Leather Honey.

OffroadFrance 08-13-2017 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Tomzsix (Post 613087)

Excellent post and idea, we all talk about engines, brakes, axles and gearboxes and never address the interior of our trucks when they are nearly as important for travelling comfort.