Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Load space carpet advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 07:18 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Load space carpet advice

I pulled the carpet on my se7 today hoping to tackle the mold and wetness issues. I got the car recently and this is my first go at the rave manual. Very helpful tool.

Anyway, i was surprised to see puddles of water under the carpet/foam liner in the load space. The foam liner is really soaked and there is a general dampness about the carpet. I have it hanging in my garage but i am doubtful it will dry quickly. Any ideas on where this water comes from? I heard sun roofs tend to leak but havent noticed it in driving rain/car washes yet. The car spent most of its life in Ore., and Wash so that might explain why its wet but not how it got there.

I am keen on learning about mold and drying tips or other options?

Also, there is a circular cover plate (not sure what it is) that's started to rust...see pic. Happily for the disco, its in a drier climate so maybe its not a big deal?.

Attached Thumbnails Load space carpet advice-image.jpg  
Old 02-22-2013, 07:47 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

I pulled my headliner to tackle a leak. Turns out, mine was the windshield. Did not stop me from removing the sunroofs, cleaning them and reinstalling.
A perfect sunroof, the seal between the glass and gasket will not allow any water in.
In case water gets past a slightly opened sunroof or gap between the glass and gasket... there are the drains. (front drain lines run forward down the side pilars out the bottom of the truck. Rear sunroof drains to the rear. Assume you have the rear interior trim out and can see the drain lines running on the "ledge" above the rear side windows...below the alpine glass.? and out down in space by the taillights.)
Should be able to trace that much water coming in if you have it all torn apart.
I did not have a photo of the rear sunroof but same set up as the front.
1 Check the seal between glass and gasket
2 Poor some water in the drain and see where it goes... should piddle out the bottom of the truck if all is well.
Good luck

Attached Thumbnails Load space carpet advice-img_4328.jpg   Load space carpet advice-img_4332.jpg