Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   Longest without engine light (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/longest-without-engine-light-90875/)

redwhitekat 08-14-2018 07:22 PM

Longest without engine light

how long have gone before you had to take the disco to a shop or a engine light coming on ???

My 03 is like constant still trying to fix and maintain all kinks in the system

my previous 04 I went 4 years with no issues
only time the engine light came on was I had to replace the cps

Best4x4 08-14-2018 07:57 PM

None of my D2’s have ever been to a shop since I bought them. CEL’s have come n gone for normal repair items like coil packs, wires, and a purge control valve. Nothing you wouldn’t expect from a nearly 20 year old vehicle with 235k on it. I normally only see the idiot lights lit upon the normal startup position II. Once the engine is running all my D2 gauge clusters are uneventful.

CollieRover 08-14-2018 08:06 PM

Not counting the amigos I have gone long long periods of time without the Service Engine Soon light coming on.

Twix 08-14-2018 11:30 PM

Last time I got a CEL was months ago when I drove through a river and killed an O2 sensor. Other than that, I never see lights come on .

tcr6v1 08-15-2018 12:20 AM

I think the record on one of my discos without an engine light is 1 hour

The Deputy 08-15-2018 05:28 AM

Didn't drive it over the weekend...so, that would be 48 hours...does that count...lol.

Granted, all of my CEL has been consealed from human eyesight. Shame on me, but l'm just a LR "poser" anyway.

​​​​​​​ Brian.

JUKE179r 08-15-2018 06:36 AM

I have OCD when it comes to my truck. If I get a fault, I clear it or fix it ASAP.
This comes for my military aircraft maintenance background... "fix it right the first time so it'll keep flying."

Richard Gallant 08-15-2018 10:17 AM

Never I pull out a code reader get the code and fix it,but other than the amigos mine have all been intake systems related, bad hoses, damaged or worn out hose clamps, broken air box.

As per Juke179r - if the light comes on it gets diagnosed and fixed, before it gets worse

ahab 08-15-2018 03:08 PM

I bought mine with intermittent amigos on the test drive on April 11th, and full amigos on the trip to my house a few days later. The brakes were spent and new pads with a fluid flush fixed that issue. On July 4th I got SES which unbelievably turned out to be a loose fuel cap. This past Sunday I got SES again and was overjoyed to find a loose fuel cap again. I remember it feeling funny when I screwed it down, it felt like it clicked way too early, and now I know to unscrew it and start over if that happens again.

escott16 08-15-2018 03:15 PM

My check engine light comes in because of my three amigos + brake, can’t seem to get any info on the code that pops up it isn’t the Normal sensor/shuttle valve code