Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Disco 2 Miami mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 03:29 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 151 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by adolfojbonilla
Hi, any luck finding that mechanic? I sure desperately need a reliable one, now that I've been having issues with my 2002 Disco S2 for nearly a month already.

At one point took it to Prestige on Broward Blvd, but after charging me nearly $500, failed to make my Disco start, failed to see a broken spark plug wire that may have caused all my issues, and simply suggested I replaced the engine and sent me off. So visit at your own risk.

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Joe Betteridge in Ft. Lauderdale. Look him up on Facebook. I'm not sure if he's a mechanic by trade or like a lot of us on here who fix them and flip them, but he can at least point you in the right direction. He has a few discos in his profile photos so you know you find the right guy.

The following users liked this post:
adolfojbonilla (07-28-2021)
Old 07-28-2021, 04:15 PM
Winching
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by tnrangerover
Joe Betteridge in Ft. Lauderdale. Look him up on Facebook. I'm not sure if he's a mechanic by trade or like a lot of us on here who fix them and flip them, but he can at least point you in the right direction. He has a few discos in his profile photos so you know you find the right guy.
...I'm not on FB anymore, but might he be the same Joe from Jolly Rover 4x4? if so, I already contacted him and will be calling him after 6pm. Thanks!

Old 07-28-2021, 04:19 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 151 Likes on 95 Posts

...I'm not on FB anymore, but might he be the same Joe from Jolly Rover 4x4? if so, I already contacted him and will be calling him after 6pm. Thanks!

im not sure but I know joe knows his stuff. You’ll be in good hands

adolfojbonilla (07-30-2021)
Old 07-28-2021, 09:56 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 120 Likes on 82 Posts

I’ve actually recently been using British Four Wheel Drive Co. British 4x4. They are in Ft Lauderdale and Norman is excellent. Shame on me for not finding him sooner since he is less than 3 miles away from me! He just figured out a wiring harness issue I’ve had for two years. Only problem is he’s busy but worth waiting. Seems like he is working on every Rover in South Florida. I will only be using him going forward.

adolfojbonilla (07-29-2021)
Old 07-28-2021, 10:00 PM
Rock Crawling

Hi, any luck finding that mechanic? I sure desperately need a reliable one, now that I've been having issues with my 2002 Disco S2 for nearly a month already.

At one point took it to Prestige on Broward Blvd, but after charging me nearly $500, failed to make my Disco start, failed to see a broken spark plug wire that may have caused all my issues, and simply suggested I replaced the engine and sent me off. So visit at your own risk.

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Adolfo. See my previous post. I also went to Prestige and they wouldn’t even work on my Rover. referred me to Norman at British 4x4.

Old 07-29-2021, 06:32 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by 04disco2va
Adolfo. See my previous post. I also went to Prestige and they wouldn’t even work on my Rover. referred me to Norman at British 4x4.
Thanks 04DISCO2VA ...yes, Prestige is a joke; tried to post a lengthy review on google and couldn't because of the length, but impossible to summarize it. About the place you recommend, for some reason I had it bookmarked in my google searches, don't know why I didn't find them again. They are 11 miles away, so I'll give them a call. Thanks for the tip. My issue has many people scratching their heads. Thanks again.

Old 07-29-2021, 01:25 PM
Rock Crawling

Yes that was my issue when I tried to look them up. Looking up British 4x4 won’t do it. Has to be British Four Wheel Drive.Norman will be able to figure it out for you.

Old 07-29-2021, 03:11 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by 04disco2va
Yes that was my issue when I tried to look them up. Looking up British 4x4 won’t do it. Has to be British Four Wheel Drive.Norman will be able to figure it out for you.
...thanks again, I'll be contacting them. Thanks for pointing them out.

Old 07-30-2021, 09:51 AM
Winching

...just a quick update: talked to Norman but he is booked thru August, but read a description of my issue and gave me his input. Also told me that if not solved by mid August, to give him a call and see what can be done. I also contacted Joe at JollyRover4x4, and he might be able to take a look at the end of next week. Hopefully I can solve my prob with either of these two well recommended guys. Thanks again.

Old 07-30-2021, 09:58 AM
Winching

...just a quick update: talked to Norman but he is booked thru August, but read a description of my issue and gave me his input. Also told me that if not solved by mid August, to give him a call and see what can be done. I also contacted Joe at JollyRover4x4, and he might be able to take a look at the end of next week. Hopefully I can solve my prob with either of these two well recommended guys. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Looking for Disco 2 Miami mechanic