Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Disco 2 Miami mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2021, 10:15 AM
Winching
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by tnrangerover
im not sure but I know joe knows his stuff. You’ll be in good hands
Just to let you know that I looked him up, and yes, it is the same Joe from Jolly Rover that I contacted, thanks! He is out of town, but will be back next week and will take a look at my Disco. Thanks!

Old 08-20-2021, 11:00 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 120 Likes on 82 Posts

Hi adolfojbonilla. Did you have any luck getting things fixed.

Old 08-21-2021, 06:19 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by 04disco2va
Hi adolfojbonilla. Did you have any luck getting things fixed.
...not yet 04DISCO2VA, but I do have an appointment with Norman to bring it in on Sept 9th; hopefully he will be able to breathe some life back into it.
I tried the other guy recommended here (Joe) to take a look at it, but he does it as a part time with very limited space, so it has been kinda hard for him to take a look it, eventhough his place is much closer.
Anyways, patiently waiting for Norman, so thanks for the tip and following up... ;-]#

Old 08-21-2021, 07:10 AM
Rock Crawling

Glad you have an appointment setup. You’ll be happy with his work. I actually have an appointment scheduled for the same day.
maybe will see you there!

The following users liked this post:
adolfojbonilla (08-21-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 07:17 AM
Winching

Glad you have an appointment setup. You’ll be happy with his work. I actually have an appointment scheduled for the same day.
maybe will see you there!
...sure thing! I'll be the guy with the 2K2 Blue "Gorbachev-lookin" Disco S2! ;-]#

Old 09-15-2021, 07:19 AM
Rock Crawling

Hi Adolfo, I was at British 4x4 a couple of times this week. Talking to Norman sounds like you brought him quite a challenge. Think he replaced the fuel pump and is trying to figure out the no spark issue. Replaced CPS, multiple ECU’s and several other items. At least you know other general non-British mechanics would most likely never be able remedy this issue. I’m sure you are getting impatient but I feel you are at the right place.

The following users liked this post:
adolfojbonilla (09-15-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 08:59 AM
Winching

Hi Adolfo, I was at British 4x4 a couple of times this week. Talking to Norman sounds like you brought him quite a challenge. Think he replaced the fuel pump and is trying to figure out the no spark issue. Replaced CPS, multiple ECU’s and several other items. At least you know other general non-British mechanics would most likely never be able remedy this issue. I’m sure you are getting impatient but I feel you are at the right place.
Thanks 04DISCO2VA! ...it was nice meeting you at Norman's, it is great to put a face to someone on the forum. Again, thanks for introducing me & my Disco to Norman. Yup! ...from what he and I spoke on monday, this issue sure is a challenge, but what has me confident is that he was able to make it run at least once, before it died again on him, so he's checking out other things. And like you said, most mechanics would had drop the job, fortunately Norman seems to be determined to figure it out; which will also prove this challenge to be educational to all, if he gets to the bottom of it. Impatient I am, mostly because I've taken my wifey's car for nearly 4 months already; hopefully he'll be able to have a clearer picture by the end of the week. Like I told him, I'll let him work his magic. Thanks for being on top of it as well, him being up in Pompano, me living in downtown Ft. Lauderdale and working in Hallandale, does not make it easy for me to escape and have a look, unless he needs me to. And I'll second you on that, we are in the right place! Thanks again! ;-]#