Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOUD Squeak/Chirp From Rear suspension going over bumps at slow speeds

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 06:18 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOUD Squeak/Chirp From Rear suspension going over bumps at slow speeds

OK let's start out first and give you some background to forego undo redundant answers.

2000 Discovery 2 4.0L 196K
purchased for 500$ and I have rebuilt from pretty much ground up myself during covid. At this point it would take forever to go into detail ALL the systems that have been repaired/Replaced/Restored, but suffice to say EVERY SYSTEM is practically new.

Last 3K miles I have rebuilt engine completely, tune-up flush of transmission, New radiator Heater core, complete new brake system with slotted rotors, pads, calipers, steel brake lines, and I can go on and on...... But the main issue is this. After EVERYTHING I have done, im am finally ready to take to Paint&Body except one NERVE wracking try as I might issue.

Steering and Suspension rebuild thus far2" Terra Firma Lift kit from Atlantic British)
ALL NEW:
Shocks/Srings/mounts
Front Dampener
Tie Rod/Panhard Rod/Sway Bar/Quick Disconnect SB Links
Hubs Front/Rear
Ball Joints
Shock Towers
Wheels, Tires etc.

I can't remember what else, ask but I have most likely changed it.

I still for the LIFE of me can not figure out what this Very annoying and loud "Chirp" coming from the rear when I go over speed bumps, small pot holes, even the 1.5" tiny bump coming out of my drive. I need to be going a 5mph or more to make it really loud but I can still hear it even creeping. can anyone help???? I am about to pull my hair out.

And note; I have not changed the bushings as when I was up on the lift I inspected (removed and really inspected) the controls arm, say bar eat. bushings and there is no play, cracks or damaged noted anywhere. Id rather not sink money into having a shop do these and I just don't have a press. again im pretty mechanical as I have done everything myself. PLEASE ANY HELP or IDEAS would be greatly appreciated. I have SCOURED the forums for any ideas for more than a year(this is how I learned almost everything for the rebuild....and the RAVE of course).

Thanks in advance
Doc

Old 11-04-2021, 11:06 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 818 Likes on 537 Posts

watts link or rear sway bar end links/bushings