Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

more problems!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 08:28 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default more problems!!!!!!!!

Oh geez, today while driving the engine just cut off, luckly i was still rolling enough to pull into a little parking lot. I have NO IDEA was happen, I was just drive and, bam it went off, and of course the power steering and brakes cut off so I looked like a idiot drive to force into this lot. I did everything I could to get it restarted but nothing... It s turns over fine so its not the battery and actually after a while it restarted but quicly died again. I got it towed and its at a non rover place so I might have it moved somewhere else.... ANy input on what this could be???? Has anyone else experianced this problem?? PLEASE HELP!

THANKS
Cameron.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:31 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: more problems!!!!!!!!

is it getting gas? is it firing? you need 3 things for it to run gas? is it firing, is it cranking or nothing?

Old 05-30-2007, 09:23 PM
TReK

Its has 3/4 a tank of gas and it cranks to a point but it wont fire. If it sits for about 45 min it will start fine but dies as soon as you put it in gear. But after that it just tries to start but it cant. Like I said it turns over fine but thats about it. My one guess would be it has something to do with the gas but to tell you the truth I have no idea.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

do you have fuel pressure or spark? I think that was what he was asking... Check spark by pulling a spark plug boot and sticking a screwdriver in it near the blok. Be careful, it can knock the crap out of you. Secondly, check fuel rail pressure.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:30 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's right, check for spark, also , maybe a dumb thing for me to say, have you taken the gas cap off and then put back on securely,possibly a vapor lock. does it seem to be starving for gas?

Old 05-31-2007, 09:47 AM
TReK

Yeah, I always do the gas cap thing first, but I think this is something else. Its very hard to tell if it is getting gas, when I turn the key all the dash things go into place (gas, temp, rpms) and the music and air come on, but the engine isn't running, but it turns over and after that is what seems to be the problem it just wont fire. Unfortunately it was towed because there was no way I was going to drive that thing after it died while going about 45 on a busy road. I will keep you all updated on what it is, hopefully it's nothing major!

Old 05-31-2007, 07:41 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Year and mileage??
Mike

Old 05-31-2007, 08:04 PM
TReK

92,000 miles

Old 05-31-2007, 08:33 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Check fuel rail pressure. Should be about 3.5 bar or 3.5 x 14.7 lb/in square. Ed.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:45 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You there Mike? What about MAF signal failure? Ed.
In the event of a MAF sensor signal failure any of the following symptoms may be observed:
l During driving engine rev/min may dip, before recovering.
l Difficult starting.
l Engine stalls after starting.
l Delayed throttle response.
l Emissions control inoperative.
l Idle speed control inoperative.
l Reduced engine performance.
l MAF sensor signal offset.
There are two types of MAF sensor diagnostic check:
l The MAF sensor signal is less than the minimum threshold for specific speed range – the engine must have
exceeded 200 rev/min for longer than 300 ms and remain above 400 rev/min. The signal must be less than the
threshold mapped against engine speed for longer than 500 ms.
l The MAF sensor signal is greater than the maximum threshold for specific speed range – the engine must have
exceeded 200 rev/min for longer than 10 ms. The signal must be greater than the threshold mapped against
engine speed for longer than 300 ms.
If the MAF sensor fails the following fault codes will be produced and can be retrieved by TestBook:

Quick Reply: more problems!!!!!!!!