Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   Music Expansion Kit For MP3 Players / Ipods (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/music-expansion-kit-mp3-players-ipods-50430/)

nychaze 06-13-2012 05:12 PM

Music Expansion Kit For MP3 Players / Ipods

I was poking around Atlantic British and came across this little guy:

Land Rover iPod And MP3 Player Converter Kit (Same As Part # DIG MUSIC)

It allows the use of a MP3 player/Ipod/Phone to play music through the stock radio.

I have heard about this before but never found a plug-n-play kit or one that didn't require you to ship your head-unit off...

I just replaced my head-unit with an aftermarket one because i was sick of the quality using the tape player adapter...proabably would have went with this if knew they had it!

Just wanted to share...

thebloody 06-13-2012 06:21 PM

This one is cheaper ROVER LANDROVER 99-05 AUX-IN Android iPod Bluetooth Adapter but it looks like the same idea.

drowssap 06-13-2012 07:46 PM

do an ebay search they sell a cable that plugs in under the passenger seat where the cd player goes for Like $29.95.
I put a link to it on the post last week about the same thing.

drowssap 06-14-2012 06:30 AM

heres the link, I stand corrected its $14.95

LAND ROVER 3.5MM MP3 AUX JACK 8 PIN MBUS | eBay

mrwalsh37 06-15-2012 09:19 AM

I installed mine a couple months back and mounted an iphone holder to the ash tray. The sound is clear and having the steering wheel controls change songs is sweet. The hardest part is just jamming the control box behind the radio. Total install time, ~30 mins.

TATZOO 06-15-2012 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by drowssap (Post 325716)
heres the link, I stand corrected its $14.95

LAND ROVER 3.5MM MP3 AUX JACK 8 PIN MBUS | eBay

There is a WAY better unit out there that incorporates your iPod/iPhone for music and also gives you bluetooth handsfree to use your phone through the factory speakers in the D2...

Its made by GROM Audio, high quality units... See link below

GROM Bluetooth Dongle Extension for many car makes #BTD 610074996361 | eBay

Originally Posted by mrwalsh37 (Post 325970)
I installed mine a couple months back and mounted an iphone holder to the ash tray. The sound is clear and having the steering wheel controls change songs is sweet. The hardest part is just jamming the control box behind the radio. Total install time, ~30 mins.

Which unit did you buy?

mrwalsh37 06-16-2012 07:57 AM

Grom, the interface is seamless.

Big Jim Swade 03-17-2013 09:03 AM

I was just reviving this thread to see if anyone is using the Dig Music unit from Atalantic British. My CD changer gave up the ghost and I'm thinking of going with the unit from Atalantic British on Ebay.
iPod MP3 Audio Input Kit for Land Rover Discovery Series II | eBay

AZRover 03-17-2013 11:05 AM

I bought this Kenwood for $99.00 and installed it myself. Seems like a whole lot less trouble than going with some of those kits and the iPod plugs right into the iPod plug and into the head unit. Just my 0.2 cents....

Kenwood KDC-252U CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

*I didn't buy from Crutchfield....I only used their site as a reference.

weepit 03-17-2013 01:08 PM

question about that kenwood - does it work with your steering wheel controls? that is one function i believe can be troublesome to get working with aftermarket stereos.