Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mythical block grading revealed...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 01:00 PM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

RicketyTick- In the time it took you to compose that message, you could of just set up all my websites for me!

Old 11-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RicketyTick
No way!... not over a few pages. There's not enough there and it's not enough in it for the owners to go through the trouble. People have been doing this type of stuff for years. No difference than people putting up a few pages here to make a point.
There's ways around all of that.
It's no trouble at all, they'll fire of a DMCA copyright notification and your web host will take it down automatically. They may not sue, but they sure won't let you make money off of it.

Old 11-06-2014, 01:19 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by DustyLBottoms
It's no trouble at all, they'll fire of a DMCA copyright notification and your web host will take it down automatically. They may not sue, but they sure won't let you make money off of it.
That depends on what country your site is hosted in. If the big guns in Hollywood aren't shutting down the movie peddling torrent sites I don't see anybody losing any sleep or shelling out big bucks over a few pages of an old out of print book.

Last edited by RicketyTick; 11-06-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by abran
RicketyTick- In the time it took you to compose that message, you could of just set up all my websites for me!
If I had a salvage biz and parts to sell I'd be on it.

Old 11-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by RicketyTick
That depends on what country your site is hosted in. If the big guns in Hollywood aren't shutting down the movie peddling torrent sites I don't see anybody losing any sleep or shelling out big bucks over a few pages of an old book.
So what you're saying is you know it's illegal and a rights grab, but you'd set it up to not have any consequences.

Old 11-06-2014, 01:47 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Colorado David
So what you're saying is you know it's illegal and a rights grab, but you'd set it up to not have any consequences.
stone away. I didn't say that you did.

Old 11-06-2014, 01:54 PM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

I think it is ridiculous that they sell the book for $1500. If they would make the information more accessible people wouldn't even think about copying the book, it just seems unfair. I have seen first edition classic books sell on Pawn Stars for less.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Colorado David
What I'm saying is...if your truck breaks down and you need a diagram for wiring or whatever...and you go to google or google images or a forum or wherever and there's the diagram or a page you need, do you contact the source of that diagram to ask if they have rights to post it? Or do you use that image or that page from that source or whatever is available right then and there to fix your truck? I bet you use the information right? And I bet you would like to hug the person who put it there for you.
Or maybe you ask first? I know I do, I always ask first.
Or maybe not? Cause I already know the person who posted the image, diagram or page authored the book, did the illustrations and published it.
It's easy to look down when your truck is running but, when your truck is broken and you need a quick fix it's a different story. Easier to look the other way then.
So, unless you have a house FULL of repair manuals for everything you've ever fixed in your life....then... I don't know... maybe you own a book store?

Last edited by RicketyTick; 11-06-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:21 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

i was able to locate 118 pages of the book online. Google book has a good chunk of it as a preview.

I looked at it today and realized they have changed the preview pages. I was able to screenshot another 31 pages.

Last edited by acamato; 11-07-2014 at 07:28 AM.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

the thing to do is to make a "cliffs notes "version." "abranotes" on power tuning
sell download with purchase points or offer free with $250 purchase or something of the sort.

Quick Reply: Mythical block grading revealed...