Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a weird interior part

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a weird interior part

After cleaning out my truck, I noticed I'm missing something. The dash panel under the steering wheel containing electrical system / fuse box has two 1/2 turn screw locks holding it shut. The receiving / female end on the right side of the box is missing, so only the left is holding it closed. Not urgent by any means, but I'd like to fix it. Question is, where in the hell do I get such a random part? I've already contacted a few salvage yards to see if there are ANY discos I can raid, I'm assuming even the D I's have a similar dash configuration that I can snag this piece. Anywhere else I can find this?

Old 08-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: Need a weird interior part

You might contact them, http://www.roverlandparts.com/ , pretty small part, may be hard to get anyone to pull out.
If you don't find the part, get back to me and I'll get you in touch with people who are parting out Dsco's.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Mudding

Weird, I have the same problem and just found it two days ago. Sucks you have to find the part in salvage. I don't have the time to do that. But I do have the time to post my complaint about it here.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Rock Crawling

That is strange. I can't figure out why, my only assumption is that someone removed it to service an electrical issue. To my knowledge (knock on wood) there's never been any according to records, but I'm 2nd owner so you never know. If I happen to find a replacment I'll let you know.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

ORIGINAL: SpeedAgent

Weird, I have the same problem and just found it two days ago. Sucks you have to find the part in salvage. I don't have the time to do that. But I do have the time to post my complaint about it here.
What is there to complain about, he is missing a part, who knows where it went and when. He has options in that he can order a new part or used and maybe save a buck.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look for someone privateon Craigslist in your area parting out a Disco, they will have more patience with small parts like this and will let you go over and take them off.Mostjunkyards aren't going spend time on such a small part and have probably thrown away 100's of them already. Unless you can find a junkyard that will let you roam around in their backyard. Tell them you're looking for a bigger part, (that you know they most likely don't have)then find a truck(s) with the smaller parts and get one of the guys in the back to pull them for you. I did this and the guy on the counter just told me to give the guy that pulled the parts a few bucks for his help.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Mudding

Mike, you misunderstood my post. I was poking fun at myself having the time to post here about not having time to make a phone call about this part.

I guess I need to work on my comedic timing.

Chris