Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to forum. Just bought a 04 Disco.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 12:41 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Where are you located in California? I've got a good contact for used parts if you are interested.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:01 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperSport
Where are you located in California? I've got a good contact for used parts if you are interested.
Yes i'm in California. Pasadena area (LA county) I'm about 20 mins from British Pacific or AB or Roverparts.com

Old 03-19-2013, 01:02 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Hope you enjoy your new truck. You might want to read my sticky thread at the top of this section on major services and consider doing it all, especially the inspection and replacement of the front drive shaft if there are not grease fittings on each of the front 3 u-joints.
Sounds like a plan. I will def do the front drive shaft. I assume there are not grease fittings on each of the 3 u-joints as I believe its bone stock.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:05 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by kfx4001442
Does your windshield have the tiny wires running vertically inside the glass? Cant see that windshield being installed without the option. It's a rather pricey part for them to use and not charge for it as an option.
Nope the windshield is stock NON heated version. But under the hood there is a connector on each side I assume for the heated version. Also behind the blank button for the heated front windshield is also a wired connector. I assume if i get the button and the windshield i will be all set. Just plug both in a good to go?

Old 03-19-2013, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

You will have to have dealer or shop with advanced computer program the Body Control Unit to expect the windscreen to be there . See Heated Front Screen in the circuits manual section of the RAVE for the D2.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:18 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
You will have to have dealer or shop with advanced computer program the Body Control Unit to expect the windscreen to be there . See Heated Front Screen in the circuits manual section of the RAVE for the D2.
Good to know. I wonder how much that will cost. It may not be worth it in the long run.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:29 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Sorry, I was out of town for a couple days at the beach!

My contact for used parts in Lodi California is Manny. He is a REALLY nice guy. He's a private guy, not a business, but says he's got about 12 rovers on his property in Lodi and makes extra money doing this. I've only met him in Sacramento to grab a couple parts, but he's super reasonable and again, really nice.

Manny
(209) 327-0132

Land & Range Rover Parts

Attached Thumbnails New to forum.  Just bought a 04 Disco.-wp_20130317_014-640x360-.jpg  

Last edited by SuperSport; 03-20-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:10 PM
Three Wheeling

Heated seats was a success!! Also just installed my Ultra-Gauge...still need to program it.

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...-sucess-57744/

Old 03-20-2013, 11:24 PM
6th Gear

Nice disco. Some of the things you should check or maybe replace before they break, are the expansion plastic returns lines, they get brittle and break. also the check the radiator top hose, check that theres no gap between the hose and the plastic pipe. and not sure if 04s comes with a upgraded radiator top hose. the upgraded radiator top hose should have the bleed nipple on the plastic tube. if it has the bleed nipple on the hose, replace it. but with the oem one. Other very importat thing to check is the front driveshat ujoints, they break and if they do you will destroy your transmission. We hit trails like sometimes, Im located in Inglewood ca. so if you live close you could joint us sometime. i got a 2000 range rover, my friend got a 01 range rover, And another friend has a 01 disco 2.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:02 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by ninobello12
Nice disco. Some of the things you should check or maybe replace before they break, are the expansion plastic returns lines, they get brittle and break. also the check the radiator top hose, check that theres no gap between the hose and the plastic pipe. and not sure if 04s comes with a upgraded radiator top hose. the upgraded radiator top hose should have the bleed nipple on the plastic tube. if it has the bleed nipple on the hose, replace it. but with the oem one. Other very importat thing to check is the front driveshat ujoints, they break and if they do you will destroy your transmission. We hit trails like sometimes, Im located in Inglewood ca. so if you live close you could joint us sometime. i got a 2000 range rover, my friend got a 01 range rover, And another friend has a 01 disco 2.
The consensus seems to be fix the front drive shaft!! I would love to come join you guys. I'm in Pasadena area. My friend just bought a Mitsubishi montero and we have been doing some light off roading but are just getting into it.

Quick Reply: New to forum. Just bought a 04 Disco.