Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I missing a part under there?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I missing a part under there?

Hi everyone,
On my 2004 Disco II w/ 42k miles on the front driver's side inside of the tire, it looks like the tie rod (if that's the right part) should be hooking onto a part extending off the wheel (on my benz it's called a control arm). The passenger side hooks in but it looks like the driver's side was never hooked up and maybe that's just by design. Doesn't look like there was something there & it fell off as it's all covered in road/trail grime. Haven't really done much trail running or anything that would stress the car though. I'll be taking it in for the 45k mile free service so hopefully they can shed some insight but wondered if you guys had seen this before. Also miraculously, as I crawled all under the thing, I am leaking absolutely no fluids! How can this be on a british car?

Have a great weekend everybody,
Walter ***

Old 03-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: Am I missing a part under there?

I can't comment on why there isn't anything hooked into it, but I can say for certain that my disco is the same way and has never had something attached to it. Maybe its a RH drive vs LH drive thing?

Old 03-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What you describe is for RH drive. Same parts for either RH or LH drive.

If your rover is not leaking fluids, it is empty. Better get that checked! [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 03-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Drifting

I think it could be so Land Rover can use the same steering knuckles on the left hand drive and right hand drive models. on a right hand drive model, the steering gear is on the right side and connects to the front of the left steering knuckle and the draglink? goes between the rear of each one, the exact opposite of yours, i believe. I couldn't find a picture. I hope this helps some.