Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OME lift and tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OME lift and tires

hi i never post anything on here but i get on here and read like 10 times a day. i have a 2000 disco with 129000 i have almost everything to do my tune up waiting on some gaskets. you guys have all been a big help with everything. now i need some more help i just got a roof rack... someone traded me a rack for an ar15 haha awesome had a few too many. well now with the rack and all the lights and brush guard it looks a little funny with the saggy springs and stock tires. SO I AM NOW ACCEPTING DONATIONS!!!!l! please donate money for lift and tires so i do not get made fun of by people all over the world! i only need like 1600$ no big deal just paypal me....its easier

Attached Thumbnails OME lift and tires-img00129.jpg  
Old 04-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Donations? You're kidding, right? LOL

Sell the roof rack and you'll have enough money for RTE springs and OME shocks, throw in the lights and you'll get enough to have money left over. Sell the brush-bar, put the proceeds from the brush-bar with the leftover money from the rack/lights and you'll have enough for tires. Then you'll have your rig set up right and after you save up some money you can spring for a RTE or safari-gard front bumper that will do you some good!

Old 04-19-2009, 09:46 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Just remember the camel trophy trucks with that same style rack didn't have lifts on them. The point of camel trophy was to prove what the vehicles could do in stock form. They were modified for safety but the suspension was stock. Get a set of aggressive tires and you'll be good to go. Glad to see you already have 16" wheels rather than the 18", that will save you some money.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Overlanding

My suspension is so wore out it looks like a mexican low rider that leans to the drivers side. I need new springs. Lift or not. I wanted to get an arb bumber. Had a minor fender bender but the body shop wouldn't put it on because of insurance. So they threw on the brush guard for free and charged ins. When my money tree starts blooming maybe I will get one

Old 04-19-2009, 10:16 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

If your springs are in that bad of condition don't even bother with trying to get stock replacement springs. In a few years you'll be right back in the same situation. Go with either Rovertym or OME HD springs and shocks. Even with Rovertym springs most people use the OME shocks but RTE does offer a couple different shock options.

When your money tree starts blooming break me off a limb or something so I can plant one of my own.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Overlanding

Yeah when I bought the rover I bought the guy threw in a money tree seed said I would need it for maintance. It is starting to get bigger but I think it looks more like an oak. I will break you off a branch either way!