Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   Ome or super gaz ?? (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/ome-super-gaz-22842/)

XCELLER8 06-18-2009 09:07 PM

Ome or super gaz ??

HEY Guys !!
My '98 DI with 150,000 mi. is starting to "sag" we use her 90% highway but tow a little and some off road stuff occasionally.....have any of you installed the super gaz stuff ( shock & spring kit) ?? and do you like the results ?...or should I stick with the ome ?
with stock size tires I'm thinking I would like about 1' lift

AK Rover 06-18-2009 09:22 PM

There is only one person I know of on this forum that has installed the Super Gaz kit (I'm blanking on who it is right now) and their initial reports were good. I personally am a OME fan because that's what I have installed on my truck and I know it works well. For the usage you describe you could probably go with a medium duty OME kit and be just fine. It will take care of your sagging problem and give about 1" lift.

hazletbassist89 06-18-2009 11:08 PM

OME all the way, personally.

redhotbuzz 06-19-2009 08:50 AM

I did the Hd Super Gaz and Im very pleased..Rides and handles great...

discoxd 06-19-2009 09:05 AM

i have rovertym springs with OME shocks and i am very happy with it... it may be alittle more lift than you are wanting though... 2-3 inches over my worn out stock height..

Disco Mike 06-19-2009 01:25 PM

OME is a far better, longer lasting set of coils and shocks.
Buy the well tested OME's instead of a cheaper OME look a like from the UK that do not offer you the choice of 4 different set of coils depending on your needs.

redhotbuzz 06-19-2009 05:50 PM

A far better longing laster?.................. Getting SG isnt like buying an El Rancho.. The guy said He did 90 percent on the road .. Why does he need a $1000 setup ...Please Explain to the difference to my between my Super Gaz and the infamous OME.. Gaz is Britpart and OME is Australian.... Seems to the Aussie version is the lookalike

Disco Mike 06-19-2009 07:12 PM

First of all, OME set up can be bought for about $100 more then a set up from SG.
Bottom line, they have more history a better selection and will out perform Big Blues and SG's, that is just the way it is. I understand you want to defend your selection, and that is fine, but some are better then others, just as some RTE set ups are better the OME and then there is Safari Guard, which is trying to make a come back and no one is sure where they will fit in.

redhotbuzz 06-19-2009 09:26 PM

Big Blues are Aussie and an OME retrofit is damn near 300 bucks more then a SG............To each their own .;.Mike;;; but you cant compare SGs to Blues.. In my opinion this guy could do Blues and Monroes and get what he wants

Disco Mike 06-19-2009 10:11 PM

Yes, to each his own, and when you get 10% of the trail mileage under your belt, you may see why nearly everyone uses OME, and RTE's and if someone asks me, I will tell them as I see it.
When was the last time your saw another set of Blues or SG's on another vehicle? I am a member in 2 Rover clubs consisting of around 450 trucks, no yellow knock offs and only an occasional set of Blues.
If you check around you will find your price comparisons are off. Luck 8 has the OME set for $599, Atlantic British has the SG set for $579!!