Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   Parts ID contest! (Removed changing radiator) (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/parts-id-contest-removed-changing-radiator-56069/)

mln01 01-20-2013 02:48 PM

Parts ID contest! (Removed changing radiator)

1 Attachment(s)
My friend pulled the radiator from his '04 Disco two weeks ago, then left for a business trip to Asia. He got back Friday and installed the new radiator over the weekend, but he cannot remember where these panels should be installed. They're not shown in RAVE, and I can't find them in Microcat either. Any info, please? I'm sure no one wants to take apart their truck so get a pic, but maybe someone has their grill/radiator apart this weekend ... ?

ZGPhoto 01-20-2013 02:53 PM

IIRC they go on the left and right side? I seem to recall them being on the sides of the radiator opening when I was doing my headlight conversion... I'll look around.

ZGPhoto 01-20-2013 03:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm going with JAJ100010 for LH and JAJ100070 for RH. Item number 16 here.
Attachment 57236

Bkreutz 01-20-2013 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto (Post 371755)
IIRC they go on the left and right side? I seem to recall them being on the sides of the radiator opening when I was doing my headlight conversion... I'll look around.

Yes, those are air deflectors, the fill up the space between the radiator and the core support. Without them, a lot of airflow will go around the radiator instead of through it.

borchera 01-20-2013 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by mln01 (Post 371751)
My friend pulled the radiator from his '04 Disco two weeks ago, then left for a business trip to Asia. He got back Friday and installed the new radiator over the weekend, but he cannot remember where these panels should be installed. They're not shown in RAVE, and I can't find them in Microcat either. Any info, please? I'm sure no one wants to take apart their truck so get a pic, but maybe someone has their grill/radiator apart this weekend ... ?

Those are air dams and they go on the left and right of the radiator. The bolts holding the radiator also hold these in place.

I forgot to reinstall mine after the our radiator replacement and they were pretty easy to reinstall.

2003 Discovery 133K with high miles services complete.

mln01 01-20-2013 03:34 PM

We too thought they should go in that position, but nothing matches up. They are shaped differently and are too long to fit in those positions. Mystery continues.

ZGPhoto 01-20-2013 03:36 PM

haha there's no mystery, I uploaded a Land Rover parts diagram showing where they go...

Spike555 01-20-2013 04:36 PM

They are just extra parts, throw them away and carry on. ;)

Street Wolf 01-20-2013 04:38 PM

Whats so mysterious about it? Someone basically drew you a picture of where they go.

mln01 01-20-2013 07:18 PM

Spike - Your response is the best so far.

ZGPhoto (and others) - I appreciate the exploded view diagram, but that's what I already had in Microcat. Those parts you indicated are not the same as what my friend has left over. The mounting holes and their orientation is different.

The contest is still open!