Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   Picking up my Disco today! Wish me luck! (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/picking-up-my-disco-today-wish-me-luck-54238/)

TRIARII 11-11-2012 03:02 PM

Picking up my Disco today! Wish me luck!

After a long and treacherous quest, finally the end of the journey is here. Today I sold my Saab for the remainder balance I need to pay of my 2004 Land Rover Discovery SE. I'll be heading out for the 2+ hour trip in a half hour and should be back home later tonight - a proud new D2 owner! Ive been waiting for this moment for a long time, seemed like I would never get there. Had afew pitfalls but in the end I took everyone's advice and waited patiently for the right Disco. Thank you all so much for all your support and tolerating my endless questions! I'm now officially a D2 owner.

Thanks again all of you, this is a real family and I'm proud to be part of it. The end of one journey and the beginning of anew.

PS: Next on my agenda is getting a job on a successful crab fishing boat!
RIP Phil Harris of the F/V Corneliea Morie and all hail Sig Hannsen of the F/V Northwestern!

lr2001silver 11-11-2012 03:29 PM

Congrats and good luck! Hope your trip is safe and we will be waiting for a update.

Disco Mike 11-11-2012 03:32 PM

Lets us know how it works out and don't forget to do my major service list over the next few months, especially the front drive shaft.

Spike555 11-11-2012 03:39 PM

Good luck.

TRIARII 11-11-2012 10:50 PM

Just got home and I'm a happy camper! I did not notice anything out of the norm during my 2.5 hour trip home, other than the front windshield wipers need to be replaced and a faint rattling near the exhaust. Sounds like a loose heat shield. Engine did not overheat or anything. Brake pads are worn but Ive already known that and Im getting new pads this week. Ill take new pics and vids asap and get those codes listed now that the truck is in my hands. Ill keep everyone posted.

PS: Mike sorry I did not get a chance to call you today. Been a busy ass day all day. I did not expect to get the Rover until November 23, then someone showed up at my door today and bought my Saab just like that - everything was unplanned! Its been a long but good day. Ill call you this coming weekend with my questions though.

lr2001silver 11-12-2012 12:01 AM

Well that's great news! Glad to hear that you were grinning like a kid in a Candy store for 2.5 hours. Man cheeks must be sore. No seriously its good your trip went well and that dream came a bit early.

:D Hey don't forget to order a drive shaft from me! You definitely don't want to be caught making the :eek: face as everything goes south. Last week a guy asked where do i buy the new nuts from so I am also now sending the ny-lock nuts with every drive shaft:) to make it easier on you.

TRIARII 11-12-2012 02:22 PM

Here's a new video to check out. Seems the engine tick went away temporarily.

agthird 11-12-2012 02:47 PM

you need to spray all the hinges with some rust preventative lubricant......all you're missing on the rear door hinge is a c clip, try a local parts house they should have something to hold the hinge down...make sure you get the closers for the doors lubricant too, all of your stuff looks really dry from the salt...