Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ProShaft / Dynamic Drive Line

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ProShaft / Dynamic Drive Line- Won't Honour Warranty

Don't Buy From Them, They Won't Warranty The DriveShaft.

Well, I was one of the people who bought a front drive shaft off of Justin who had the false company called ProShaft. In time we found out that Justin was fraudulent and was selling drive shafts from under Dynamic Drive Line LLP.

Recently my front drive shaft started squeaking and I found out that the flange that hold the centering ball is cracked. This drive shaft was just a year old and only had just over 10,000 miles on it.

In contacting Tommy from Dynamic Driveline, back and forth over three weeks, he finally decided that he is not going to warranty my driveshaft.

In 10,000 miles I had regular greasing to all of the shaft with my oil changes which are done religiously!

Dynamic Driveline was not even willing to have me send the driveshaft back for inspection. I offered to pay for the new flange if they would cover shipping and then I would have it repaired here in Canada at my cost once again but to no avail.

I would highly recommend that anyone considering one of their products to shop elsewhere. Purchase from a more reputable comany who will stand behind their products as these guys don't.

Last edited by GURU06; 04-02-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:43 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Sorry to hear that. Some people were questioning whether these driveshafts would be backed up by a warranty back in those threads. Now we know.

Old 04-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Well sort of.. Justin warrantied mine, but that was before the whole debacle.

Old 04-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,588 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Of course he did Zack he didn't want you calling the shop. He would have gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar then.

Sorry to hear they didn't take care of you.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:56 PM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That sucks. I have one of their driveshafts as well that is about a year old. Mine has maybe 7k miles or less on it? Guessing because it was purchase through Proshaft which is a crappy customer service for sure.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

i hate to say it but i have one that's 2-years old from Dynamic Drive Line LLP. that is fine, but that was long be for that other guy was selling them on here.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Way cheaper to just rebuild the original, and as long as you're not going rock crawling on the weekends, it is MORE than sturdy enough. As far as I can tell the factory shaft is pretty high quality, except for the non greasable u-joints/centering ball. If you keep it greased properly with a high quality grease after rebuilding it the first time, I think it will probably outlast the truck. My original U-joints made it almost 140K miles before I changed them(GASP!). No reason the improved ones shouldn't go 2 or even 3 times as far. My local driveline shop sold me some really high quality Spicer grease tubes. He said the company DANA actually extends the expected life of their products twice over if this grease is used in them. As a result, it's all he uses...And this guy knows his stuff...

Last edited by kfx4001442; 04-02-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:03 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

I wouldn't expect DD to be obligated to warranty it since they didn't sell it to you. Maybe a goodwill warranty since his company wasn't overseen well, but that wouldn't be an obligation.
Short lifespan is more of an issue in my book.
There's a reason TW and GBR have the reputation they do.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:52 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ironic you bring this post up because I had a very similar situation with my truck in the past couple of weeks. Roughly a year and about 15k miles ago I also bought one of Proshaft front driveshafts and it worked well to start. A few weeks ago mine started a light chirping noise which led to a clicking which then turned into a thumping noise. Since I knew the driveshaft was pretty new I didnt think it was my concern and started exhausting all other driveline/wheel related parts. Eventually after ruling out just about everything I gave the driveshaft a once over and found the centering ball was sloppy and had tons of play in it. A couple of the zerks had also broken off of it as well. In the past year I had not done any extreme wheeling, only light beach cruising, snow, and the occasional easy fire trail type stuff. After finding out that this was my problem I found that proshaft has been selling their shafts on ebay so I contacted them through ebay and left a somewhat disgruntled message telling them my problem and saying I would never recommend them to anyone and the whole situation was bulls&*%. I received a call not more than 10 minutes after I messaged them through ebay with an apology and another diveshaft in the mail. I got the new driveshaft last week and it looks fine but then again so did the first one. I guess we shall see how long this one lasts.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:43 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

I know they are a real PITA to rebuild but it pays dividends in the long run and using the original shaft and GKN OEM parts with grease nipples pays off. I don't know how much these DD shafts cost but in general you get what you pay for. The driveshafts take a lot of punishment and particularly the front cardan and is of dubious, no, actually awful, design and prone to failure which can destroy the transmission also. I've always taken a pragmatic view to these issues and when critical always buy the best available. I'm working on a front driveshaft arrestor at present in anticipation of the day it finally lets go as I don't want to end up with the transmission 'lunched' as well.

Quick Reply: ProShaft / Dynamic Drive Line