Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RAVE Computer Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RAVE Computer Problem

This may be a long shot but: my RAVE program won't open all the way. It opens up ok, gets to the main menu where you select your model. When I select a model it just brings me to a nice picture of the truck and that's it. I downloaded the latest Abode reader (8.1 something), but it doesn't help. Anybody have this problem? Damn computers.

Old 02-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: RAVE Computer Problem

New versions of Adobe won't work (at least version 7 won't). If you burned the image to a disc like instructed, then on the disc is an Adobe A. version thatWILL work. Don't install that version, just open up Windows Explorer and navigate to the Green Icon and double-click it. It should launch from there. Mine does. It installed an Icon on my desktop too, which is good for the future, then ya just click on the icon. Try that. On mine, it seemed to navigate over to the A/A included on the CD. It might prompt you what version to open it up in. Choose v.4.0 if prompted. Let me konw if it doesn't work.

Old 02-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks good to know. It stopped working after adobe did something (it might have been an update, I was clicking too fast to pay attention) so I'll try to get the earlier version back. I tried opening it with the version 4 on the cd, but it asked for a password??

Old 02-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Stick with your v.8 Adobe (for other stuff). You shouldn't have to install the v4 adobe onto your PC. What I remember is that the Rave seemed to be mapped over to the v.4 on the CD you made, and runs from the CD acrobat version when youclick on the green icons. It should automatically grab the v4 on the CD, and give you a main screen with menus. I think I also got the passwordprompt and I can't remember if I just canceled it, or if there was a 'readme' in the files with a password on it. I think I just canceled it. Originally I tried installing v4 adobe on my PC and opening rave up through that and it didn't work. I had to uninstall it and eventually I figured out it seemed to run it from the CD. I can tell you thatRave and A/A 4.0runs and I DON'T have Acrobat v.4 installed on my PC, so itHAS to be running frm the disc.