Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   Recommended mechanic in Denver (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/recommended-mechanic-denver-51018/)

cdd543 07-07-2012 10:46 AM

Recommended mechanic in Denver

Thinking of buying an 03(in safe vin range) or 04 disco and was wondering if anyone knows of a good mechanic in Denver to do a pre-purchase inspection. I'm on NW side of town near sloans lake, but would be open to whatever part of town.
Thanks!

I did a search and saw jcrover mentioned--I'll look them up online.

Disco Mike 07-07-2012 10:47 AM

He is up in Ever Green but you will find no better a man for your needs. The shop is called M.I.T., their number is 303-679-1610, ask for Rob, the owner and tell him Mike sent you.
The other option is send me your number and maybe we can meet up and go over the truck.

cdd543 07-07-2012 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Disco Mike (Post 330451)
He is up in Ever Green but you will find no better a man for your needs. The shop is called M.I.T., their number is 303-679-1610, ask for Rob, the owner and tell him Mike sent you.
The other option is send me your number and maybe we can meet up and go over the truck.

Cool thanks!

Disco Mike 07-07-2012 11:28 AM

Yes, JC is closer, but not a mechanic you would want to depend on, I would stay away from him for the sake of your wallet.

jfall 07-07-2012 12:55 PM

Boulder on Arapahoe

Quoted me $2,000 for a head gasket job.
And that included refurbished heads too.

Arapahoe Imports - Land Rover Service Boulder Colorado

Two man shop in a garage.
Lots of Rovers always outside.

Easy to deal with.
My Rover's previous owner spent thousands there.
But, got a lot done too.

Disco Mike 07-07-2012 02:20 PM

Is that a fairly new shop, I remember talking to someone opening a shop in that area under a year ago, haven't heard anything good or bad about them if it is them.

Banzai Jimmy 07-08-2012 06:37 PM

I've never had a problem with JC's British & 4x4 - in fact, I find my wallet likes them just fine. I've been treated more than fairly there.

oilspotLR 07-08-2012 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Disco Mike (Post 330451)

A) Will keep them in mind if the truck breaks down by Denver. B) Mike is probably the most knowledgeable guys when it comes to DII's. I would trust mike with "here, I have a problem, how about I pay you to fix it, as if it were your own truck" Your awesome Mike.

Banzai Jimmy 07-08-2012 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by oilspotLR (Post 330787)
Mike is probably the most knowledgeable guys when it comes to DII's. I would trust mike with "here, I have a problem, how about I pay you to fix it, as if it were your own truck" Your awesome Mike.

I would counter that Mike is probably the most prolific internet posting retired LR service manager around. Add up every post I've ever made on ANY internet forum and it would be but a drop in the bucket compared to Mike. :)

The most knowledgeable guy when it comes to DIIs in the world - doubt it. One of the most dedicated supporters and contributors to LRF and LRO - absolutely.

I still like JC's British & 4x4. ;) I've never had my rig worked on by MIT, but knowing Rob is a great guy I wouldn't hesitate recommending him either (but it doesn't feel right not having had any first hand experience with their work).

Disco Mike 07-09-2012 07:35 AM

I never said I was the most knowledgeable D2 person out there, but as a service manager, not writer, I did get a ton of training from Rover corprate and other manufactures. That being said, I can still screw up sometimes.