Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Would you rent ABS Amigo??
Yes
82.35%
NO
0%
Too Risky to lend out
11.76%
What are the three amigos?
5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Rent out my ABS AMIGO?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator
Received 105 Likes on 12 Posts
Exclamation Rent out my ABS AMIGO?

I have the hawkeye scanner and an ABS Amigo....

I know there may be some of you that are hours drive from a dealer or shop that can read and clear ABS related codes...

I am wondering how many of you would want to rent an ABS Amigo in the same way you rent tools at the local Auto Parts stores....

Terms
You pay for it and then return it and get your money back....

If you don't return it, then you bought it.

Should I offer this????

What do you all think?

Old 11-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am one of those people who would have to drive hours to get to a dealership, and yeah it would be great to be able to rent your scanner...

Old 11-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Great idea Josh but you need to charge shipping and take $5 for yourself to help buy a new one when the "rental" dies from being beat up to much.
Lets face it, you dont know any of us from Adam and who's to say that I dont short it out and destroy it?
Then you refund my money but now it does not work and you are out the $200 and all I am out is shipping.
So, here is what I would do, open a account at FedEx, they send you the $200, you send them the Amigo with a copy of the shipping receipt.( so they know you are not cheating them)
They send it back however they want, UPS, USPS, FedEx (preferred) and then you take out $5 plus shipping.
So if shipping was $7, you take $12 and send them back the $188.
Still cheaper than the dealer who is going to charge min $100, and your butt is covered.

Now if you wanted to get real professional about it you could also pay for return shipping.
All they would need to do it box it back up in the box that you shipped it in with the included return label.
They take it to a Kinko's, Staples, Office Max, Mail Box's Etc., where ever we pick up and they can charge your account.
Then again you take that out of their "deposit".

Now because you live on a island in the middle of no where shipping will take longer and cost more.
But standard ground shipping anywhere in the lower 48 states and it will get to where it's going in 3-5 business days. (using FedEx, UPS I dont know and USPS is 3-10 days)

Old 11-05-2009, 05:52 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It's a nice thought but I have a feeling it would be a bigger hassle than it would be worth to you. Also I think if someone has enough cash to put down a $250 deposit plus pay for shipping both ways to the Caribbean then they would just buy one themselves. That leaves you with the deadbeats that are too cheap to want to own one and would probably jerk you around if something did happen.

Just my .02

Old 11-05-2009, 08:33 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

there should be a board amigo.

all members donate a buck or 2 and then it is owned by the board and used by whoever needs it and when.

ups it to whoever needs it. they keep it till the next guy needs it and ships it off.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:43 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm all about helping a brotha' out and I would let anyone come over and use my equipment for free but shouldn't we be supporting these companies that come out with such specialized tools for our trucks? If I were RSW Solutions I would not be happy to hear that a group of their bread and butter customers are sharing 1 unit. Just a couple more .02

Old 11-05-2009, 09:46 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lipadj46
I'm all about helping a brotha' out and I would let anyone come over and use my equipment for free but shouldn't we be supporting these companies that come out with such specialized tools for our trucks? If I were RSW Solutions I would not be happy to hear that a group of their bread and butter customers are sharing 1 unit. Just a couple more .02
not everyone had 200 bucks to spend,,,

Old 11-06-2009, 12:14 AM
Drifting

I think this is a great idea, I was just wondering the other day if some one would rent thiers out to me, but I figured there would be some trust issues and thats understandable. If you do figure something out, pm me

Old 11-06-2009, 12:24 AM
Drifting

You do have a good point, but if it's something that I will only use once, then it's not worth buying to me any way. I'm sure they spent big time and money on development of the pc program, the circuit board and the plastic cover, but when it comes down to the unit, it's cheap basic electronics inside for $200, and remember we are dishing out $200 just to find out what the problem is, then who knows how much we will end up spending fixing the problem

Old 11-06-2009, 05:46 AM
7th Gear

Well what does the terms of use an/or license agreement say?

Quick Reply: Rent out my ABS AMIGO?