Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replaced Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 08:24 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

I miss the stinger on the jeep bumpers. Always had those and loved em

Old 01-05-2017, 12:56 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 184 Likes on 157 Posts

This looks like a great one

Land Rover Discovery 2 Front Bumper, w/o Winch Mount - Includes Fog Lights

But I've scoured the net far and wide and can't find any pictures of it mounted. I'm hoping it barely sticks out, low profile.

What's puzzling is that its not listed in Britpart's catalog. Like it doesn't exist.

Old 01-05-2017, 03:27 AM
Pro Wrench

FirstFour in the UK has some cool low profile bumpers @ $400 USD ish.

https://www.firstfour.co.uk/shop?cat=13&vehicle=18

But shipping is 340 pounds :/

Old 01-05-2017, 07:02 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PalmettoDisco
Is your washer bottle protected? Definitely some great angle of attack, even with the winch tray. Looks like a snug fit for a winch, may have to trim the grill. You can't go wrong with a Warn. Personally, I like Ramsey wormdrives, which is what flatbed tow trucks typically use (extreme duty), however, too big for your bumper. They are big, heavy, and slow but tough as nails. You want to look a Smittybilt or even a Harbour Freight to see which fits the best.
I have looked at smiitybilt as well. The winch well in not "huge".

The washer bottle was my biggest issue with the bumper in general. It hangs about 3 inches below and if you completely remove the front wheel well liner then the pumps and electrical are exposed to all the mud and gunk. I trimmed my liners and re-installed them, they are working well so far and are thick enough not ti vibrate.

I do plan to bodge together some kind of protection for the bottle in due time. It is a concern. I also decided to re-attach the headlight washer heads as opposed to just clamping the hose. Why the bottle just empties it's contents if this is not attached is beyond me.

The washer heads fill in the cut outs nicely which were provided and reattachment keeps the bottle from leaking as opposed to clamping which still seems to leak. A little, trimming, a new backflow valve, wire ties, and some heat to reform the hoses in the right directions allowed me to tuck the hoses right up inside the bumper.

Here are some pics.

trimmed wheel well guard. Bottle still slightly exposed but mechanicals protected.

underside view of LED light and new Washer configuration.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:05 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Jeff Blake
That bumper is the Terrafirma TF009A, right? It looks like RN modified it a little bit with the LED lights. There's also the TF009, which has washer bottle guard and swivel eyes

I like the low profile look without a big bull bar. Considering this myself! I don't care much for the winch though, so I'd prefer it tucked in more, but I don't see any options like that
Rovers North seem to have a good relationship with Terrafirma so I would not be surprised if they are building this for them. I didn't think to ask.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:09 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by PalmettoDisco
Is your washer bottle protected? Definitely some great angle of attack, even with the winch tray. Looks like a snug fit for a winch, may have to trim the grill. You can't go wrong with a Warn. Personally, I like Ramsey wormdrives, which is what flatbed tow trucks typically use (extreme duty), however, too big for your bumper. They are big, heavy, and slow but tough as nails. You want to look a Smittybilt or even a Harbour Freight to see which fits the best.
Yes,, I've looked very closely at the tight fit, which I like. The winch should be well protected. The from grill, from my measurements, require some "light" trimming to get anything to actually mount in the well. An XD Warn will take out a huge chunk of grill, but a standard duty should require the removal of a few inches. No way around it to make one fit. The winch is recessed so far the rear mounting holes for the winch are actually under the grill.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:55 AM
Pro Wrench

This is what I'm looking at getting. He also custom makes rock sliders with built in air tanks. I'm looking at have the brush guard done but will have light guards and also looking at having some custom steel roof rails to replace the aluminum n plastic stock ones. He quoted me between 1800-2000 for all of it shipped.

Old 01-05-2017, 02:14 PM
Pro Wrench

I emailed Casey as well, great looking bumper, but it sticks out too far for my taste and dips too low.

I found that Lucky8 sells this one - it's only listed on ebay, not their website:

LAND ROVER DISCOVERY 2 99-04 HEAVY DUTY FRONT STEEL BUMPER WITHOUT WINCH MOUNT | eBay

Looks to be the same one AB sells. I'm going to ask Erik about the quality as soon as I can get a holdof him

Old 01-05-2017, 02:21 PM
Pro Wrench

I did like the one that lucky 8 had that was a full on brush guard bumper with winch mount. My biggest need is for deer late at night

Old 01-05-2017, 09:28 PM
Pro Wrench

Anybody had any interaction with dark Crowe designs? Found them on a google search and some look pretty damn good.

Quick Reply: Replaced Front Bumper