Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reset ABS/BRAKE Warning Lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 12:14 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reset ABS/BRAKE Warning Lights

my BRAKE, ABS, TC, and HDC! Lights all illuminated while I was driving today. I took it to my friend so he could plug his expensive computer up to it and erase/diagnose the codes, it showed that there WERE codes, but wouldn't let him erase or even see the actual codes. He said it was because only the dealers have the computers that can do that. The brakes work fine, but I want to know what it is, and I NEED the traction control. Any ideas on resetting the lights because I DO NOT want to take it to the dealer.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Your land has caught the highly contagious, comes on at the wrong time, Three Amigo Syndrome
You need something called an ABS Amigo to start the diagnosis of this common but generally simple disease

http://www.rswsolutions.com/index.ph...d=56&Itemid=55

It is used to read and clear codes in the ABS system. There are a number of guys who will rent you one, but in my humble opinion, its a necessary tool if you intend on keeping your truck. Depending on the codes, we will be able to assist you even more.

Last edited by dgi 07; 06-22-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

you should do a site search for the three Amigo's, it will give you more of an insite as to what you will be dealing with.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:15 PM
Three Wheeling

I thought it might of been the 3 amigos, but the red BRAKE light threw me off. They all came on at the same time though so it seems to be related. I'm either gonna rent an ABS AMIGO from somebody (or buy one) or take it to the european garage that works on my dad's BMW. I'm gonna call them tomorrow and see if/how much they charge for diagnostics (hopefully less than the dealer anyway). I'm thinking it might be a loose wire to the ABS Modulator because they have come on before and I used to be able to turn the key off and back on and it'd be fine again.....ALSO because lights came on after I hit a speed bump.....I hate those things!

Old 06-22-2011, 11:36 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Take THAT, Jeep!
because they have come on before and I used to be able to turn the key off and back on and it'd be fine again.....

That sounds very similar to the Amigo problem I had recently. Everything I needed to diagnose, and repair the problems was found on this site, and links to sites of members.
https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...t-26847/page6/

The brake light on is more than likely a separate issue.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:02 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by lordmorpheus
That sounds very similar to the Amigo problem I had recently. Everything I needed to diagnose, and repair the problems was found on this site, and links to sites of members.
https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...t-26847/page6/

The brake light on is more than likely a separate issue.
I don't see how the brake light could be a seperate issue considering the brakes feel and work normally and it has plenty of fluid. Would there also be code(s) stored in the computer for the brake light?

Last edited by Take THAT, Jeep!; 06-23-2011 at 12:04 AM.