Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rt Headlight access Disco 04

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 07:31 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rt Headlight access Disco 04

Help! How do I get to the Headlight to change a bulb and what is the least expensive bulb to use? The cover over the battery/jack I've removed where do I go from there? Everything seems to be attached making easy access impossible. Thanks Disco Haylee

Old 07-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

First I would read your owners manual front to back it will help you with all the simple items like this. With that said.
On the light that is out you will need a H7 bulb usually sold in pairs at any auto parts store. Sylvania make some of the best bulbs and are redially available @ AutoZone, Walmart & Advanced. These are my favorite and brightest bulbs. They sell for $50 in autoparts stores but can be had on eBay for about $24 shipped.
SYLVANIA SILVERSTAR ULTRA H7 HEADLIGHT BULBS NEW

So...open your hood. Look down at the headlight that is burned out. You will see 2 philips screws recessed in the black plastic piece. Remove the screws. Gently wiggle whole light forward. Reach in the top back and disconnect the plug. Lay the whole headlight on a towel or pillow so you dont accidentally drop it. They are about $350 to replace if it gets cracked. Find the gray plastic circle on the back which is your low beam. I think its the large one. Turn it counter clockwise. Unhook the metal spring from the bulb. Remove bulb/replace with new one. I would replace both bulbs as they tend to dim over time. Then keep your old bulb that is not burned out as your spare.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:31 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THANK YOU BOSSHOGT!!! Your info is much appreciated, I did look in the manual but it said remove the grill?? I'm so glad I don't need to do that!!
Best Wishes
Disco Haylee

Old 07-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Oh Sorry Haylee,
I have done this so many times I forgot about that part. Yes you do need to remove the grill. There are 3 Philips screws on top of the grill looking down at the black plastic with the hood open. They are call Christmas tree fasteners. Unscrew those, you may need to hold the outer ring with a flat blade so they do not spin. Then gently wiggle the grill up. You will see two rubber plugs on the right and left sides, like a short hose is attached to each side of the grill. Those are guides to reinsert it. After the grill is removed look to the right and left of each headlight. There is a little plastic door that will swing open. Remove the Phillips screw. Then your headlight will come out.