Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirius FM Direct Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius FM Direct Adapter

Been poking around on this issue for about a week now, and just cant seem to get the answer. Hopefully someone has done this already and can help me out.

So i bought the "FM Direct Adapter" for sirius (also sometimes called "fm modulator"). It plugs your sirius directly into your antenna port in your head unit, to eliminate any static. Well i did that, but it doesnt work.

So while i had the head unit out, i noticed that there are 2 antenna ports in the back (well, i guess im not positive they are both antenna ports). 1 of them is the standard antenna ive seen on all radios ive looked at. The other is similar, but slightly smaller. The adapter that i got plugs only into the bigger of the two. Can anyone confirm what the other one is for? is it another antenna?

Has anyone successfully used the fm direct adapter in their truck? anything you can tell me.....

by the way, its an 04 disco II. Ill grab some pics of the back of the head unit and the 2 plugs im referring to tonight.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Three Wheeling

I have the adapter and it works perfectly. check your station on the radio and make sure that it matches up with your Sirius's broadcast station. you shuld have no problems with this set up.

As far as the other plug... I "think" it is for the CD changer but am probally wrong since I have not spoken to my wife yet today and I am always wrong about something, just have not been made awaire of it yet today!

Old 08-11-2011, 10:00 AM
Overlanding

Hey thanks for the reply, but i finally got this all figured out. Turns out i got a bunk adapter. Replaced with a new one, and it works perfect. Dam faulty equipment. But here is something i tested. I pulled both those plugs from the back of the radio, and put on regular FM (not sirius). Obviuosly, static. I plugged in the big one - reception! I pulled out the big one and plugged in just the small one - reception! I guess they are both antennas? Anyway. My set up works now, and all is right again.

by the way, this is hilarious:

Originally Posted by boxerboy2
but am probally wrong since I have not spoken to my wife yet today and I am always wrong about something, just have not been made awaire of it yet today!

Old 08-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Winching

I believe that is the differential antenna system. There is one in each rear window. Supposed to increase reception. I guess it works because mine is quite good. It's basically a two antenna system.