Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slightly comical problem with left blinker

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Unlikely that it is the stalk switch, because it just signals the BCU. The BCU signals the IDM behind the fuse panel to do the flashing for left or right. See factory wiring diagram on page 97 of 152 in the circuits manual of the D2 portion of the RAVE. Might try unplugging head lamps on that side to eliminate connector issues up front.

Last edited by Savannah Buzz; 11-21-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:16 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

The problem is definitely related to a grounding issue. Check your negative battery cable to make sure it tight.

Next remove your driver's side sunvisor (3bolts) and check the wire that feeds the vanity mirror light. Be sure to inspect as much of the wire as possible. Overtime that wire gets twisted and frayed from swinging the visor/mirror back and forth. Ask me how I know. I got a sweet deal on my Rover because the previous owner was having the same issues as you and after weeks of battling with the problem - sold it to me for dirt cheap.

If the drivers side checks out fine move over to the passenger side.

Last edited by coors; 11-21-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

According to the RAVE circuits manuals (diagrams) and troubleshooting guide (pix of connectors and locations) the attached C0017 is one of many ground headers. Also may be one under the carpet. In the words of the infamous James R Lee, "son, you can't have ground buckin' ground".

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
D2 c0017.pdf (461.5 KB, 66 views)
Old 11-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys for the info. I will start to dig a little deeper and see what I can find. I appreciate the help.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:21 AM
Winching

So now all my left hand signals stay lit even when the blinker is not activated when my lights are on. They are not lit when the lights are off. Everything on the dash still flashes when the left blinker is turned on, but nothing flashes when the lights are on, but the signals are all lit all the time when the lights are on. I can't seem to figure out the source of this issue. Have any ideas?

Old 11-27-2012, 06:23 AM
Rock Crawling

You're low on blinker fluid and need to top it off.

Is there a flasher relay/fuse?

Old 11-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ghengis86

Now that was funny.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by ghengis86

Haha I wish it was that easy.

I have checked all my relays/fuses and they are fine. Like coors said, it has to be a grounding issue, I'm just not sure where to look...

Old 11-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Mudding
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bballjames
So now all my left hand signals stay lit even when the blinker is not activated when my lights are on. They are not lit when the lights are off. Everything on the dash still flashes when the left blinker is turned on, but nothing flashes when the lights are on, but the signals are all lit all the time when the lights are on. I can't seem to figure out the source of this issue. Have any ideas?
Geez, no way...mine started doing the exact same thing today...the only thing I noticed is that on my trailer adapter, one of the four green lights is out when my trailer is attached...it's got to be some kind of grounding issue or fuse

Old 11-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by shady milkman
Geez, no way...mine started doing the exact same thing today...the only thing I noticed is that on my trailer adapter, one of the four green lights is out when my trailer is attached...it's got to be some kind of grounding issue or fuse
Well if you figure it out be sure to let me know. I've checked all grounds, fuses, and relays that I can get to and haven't found the problem yet...

Quick Reply: Slightly comical problem with left blinker