Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   SRC jeep bumpers on and DII (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/src-jeep-bumpers-dii-72186/)

all4mee 02-25-2015 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my only complaint right now. It should be ok but I'm going to 45 the ends to give me more clearance.

swak6287 02-25-2015 03:50 PM

as long as the bolts are grade 5 or 8, and the brackets are solid, I believe it is a safe recovery point. I had seen worst, and the worst been abused many times, and still can hold it's own.

all4mee 02-25-2015 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by swak6287 (Post 506133)
as long as the bolts are grade 5 or 8, and the brackets are solid, I believe it is a safe recovery point. I had seen worst, and the worst been abused many times, and still can hold it's own.

I have a 2000 DII with the Land Rover A-arm with the winch mount. And this is as good as it was. And I had no issues with it.

all4mee 02-25-2015 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That last post said have, but should have said had. This is a picture of the winch that was on it. Picture is a file photo off the internet not mine.

My6speedz 02-25-2015 04:55 PM

Wow... be sure you show those to people before you head out to the trail so they can "get lost" on the way to the trail head, so they don't have to be around when that bumper tries to launch itself into outerspace.

all4mee 02-25-2015 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by My6speedz (Post 506140)
Wow... be sure you show those to people before you head out to the trail so they can "get lost" on the way to the trail head, so they don't have to be around when that bumper tries to launch itself into outerspace.

And I would assume a Land Rover bumper wouldn't. 😳

all4mee 02-25-2015 05:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by My6speedz (Post 506140)

Post like this remind me why we have this. 6Speed make sure you check yours

ArmyRover 02-25-2015 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by all4mee (Post 506141)
And I would assume a Land Rover bumper wouldn't. ��

No one cares about the fact that its a jeep bumper. Others have done that before and I'm on the record in their thread saying it looked good. I and assume 6speed are referring to your mount solution.

mattmo78 02-25-2015 05:49 PM

I don't know what all the fuss is about. If the mounting is close to what stock is, or other aftermarket mounts look like, I don't see an issue with it. Everybody has their own opinion, of course. As for me, I wouldn't need it to hold a spaceship on the ground. It's going to be more for looks than anything else. So, if I did this, the chances of mine getting shot into outerspace are zilch. :D

ArmyRover 02-25-2015 05:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If your mall crawling it doesn't matter I guess. When you are in a recovery situation you need mounts that can hold a spaceship to the ground.

The factory mounts are not strong enough for recovery at all and would fail. His mounts are not the same as the aftermarket mounts. Take a look at the picture I have attached and his mounts the differences are obvious.