Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunroof drain repair kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 02:15 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 167 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorhead1
You can reattach the lines to the corner drains (if the wells aren't leaking) using a plastic ****** fitting from yard fountain plumbing supplies at the hardware store. And seal it all up with https://www.amazon.com/3M-5200FC-Mar...K3B45JWS7CPESD
haha "they" thought you used a nauty word ******. My mission with this is not to patch old brittle plastic for it to possibly break with the next pothole in the road to have to pull the headliner and do it all again. I want to replace the old brittle plastic with newer better materials. The old tough rubber hoses I plan to replace with silicone hoses while I am at it, something with more stretch and won't get brittle and tough which could have helped cause the barbs to break.

Old 03-07-2019, 03:18 PM
TReK
Received 653 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by Sandman614
haha "they" thought you used a nauty word ******. My mission with this is not to patch old brittle plastic for it to possibly break with the next pothole in the road to have to pull the headliner and do it all again. I want to replace the old brittle plastic with newer better materials. The old tough rubber hoses I plan to replace with silicone hoses while I am at it, something with more stretch and won't get brittle and tough which could have helped cause the barbs to break.
Sux to pay extra for shipping/etc. from The UK but that's the way to do this.
IMHO it's simple, do this repair once and do it right!

Old 03-08-2019, 08:03 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by OverRover
Sux to pay extra for shipping/etc. from The UK but that's the way to do this.
IMHO it's simple, do this repair once and do it right!
I may be a Yankee but I ain't no dumb Yankee I have now sent them a message on ebay asking if they also have the roof bar seals available and why the price on the seal kit is soo much higher posted on ebay. They'll either get back to me and/or while I wait ebay will pop up with a coupon code.

Old 03-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Llamasayswhat
Have you actually removed and checked the drain castings? Are you sure they are broken? Usually the leak is around the point that they glue that drain to the sunroof pan. Remove the old drain corners, clean, and reinstall using flexible windshield sealant and itll never leak again from there.

The sunroof seal to the body doesn't usually fail either...

This kit seems like overkill
I agree. I'm in the middle of this now. There's three failures. 1) hose clogged or cracked 2) spout breaks and/or separates from hose and 3 those rectangular boxes separate from tray even a little and water gets through. i replaced spouts with tubing. cleaned the hell out of silicon that was in seams. gave a liberal coating of epoxy pushing it all up into the seams, essentially creating a shell and its all good now.

Old 03-09-2019, 01:42 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the tray to hose spots are secure now. it rained today and water poured out the back of the rear tray into the back of the truck.

while it might suggest the rear hoses are clogged, it also suggests that the seal of the actual sunroof to roof is bad. i'll flush the rear hose to make sure but i'm feeling like i need to remove the sunroof(s) and reseal them.

just chiming in.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:35 AM
Recovery Vehicle

The great folks on another forum I'm on found a ebay(Mobile app) coupon for today only, 15% off 'PSAVETODAY'. Certainly makes it a bit more agreeable brings the ebay listing price(including shipping) down to only 9pounds higher than the steveparkers website listing(not including shipping). Granted it still doesn't take off the VAT tax that we would not have to pay if we were able to buy straight from their website..

Old 03-12-2019, 09:53 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by slanginsanjuan
the tray to hose spots are secure now. it rained today and water poured out the back of the rear tray into the back of the truck.

while it might suggest the rear hoses are clogged, it also suggests that the seal of the actual sunroof to roof is bad. i'll flush the rear hose to make sure but i'm feeling like i need to remove the sunroof(s) and reseal them.

just chiming in.
I had to reseal my rear sunroof, the original sunroof to body gasket gets old and powdery, that's why I used a sealant instead of a gasket. I couldn't get my rear sunroof to leak unless I was going down the highway in the rain OR if I parked the rig with the nose up hill overnight in heavy rain. Tried running the garden hose dumping water on it in the driveway, had the headliner out to fully inspect, nothing...I drove my rig a whole winter without the headliner out to make sure everything was good after I resealed.