Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   Sunroof left open in a downpour. (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/sunroof-left-open-downpour-59257/)

Fallstaff 05-20-2013 10:43 PM

Sunroof left open in a downpour.

Left the sunroofs (sunrooves?) open because I had the outboard in the back and didn't want it to explode in the sun. Went out and of course we had a thunderstorm.

I've dried everything with a towel, including the channel around the sunroofs, but there's a bit of water dripping through the console at top (where the switches are).

Should I be worried? Any recommendations as to what to do after this happens?

Thanks!

Ghaniba 05-21-2013 06:13 AM

Water shouldn't be any huge concern. Many more Sodas have been poured in them in the past. Give it a couple days to dry out itself, or you could pull the switches out and dry them with a cool hair dryer... or something like electronic parts cleaner... I'd just leve'em alone for a couple days myself. :)

Saabs and Mercedes also have this center switch setup -- But Saab took it to the next level by putting the key down there too. That's much more exciting when it starts acting up!

Dave

drowssap 05-21-2013 06:43 AM

throw a dehumidifier in there and let it run all night

gprtech 05-21-2013 08:29 AM

Supposedly there's a method to configure the windows & sunroofs so they close after the truck is locked. I haven't looked into the details, but the wiring is there.

SuperSport 05-21-2013 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by gprtech (Post 399520)
Supposedly there's a method to configure the windows & sunroofs so they close after the truck is locked. I haven't looked into the details, but the wiring is there.

I would be VERY interested in this. Do you remember where you heard of it? I've got this on my Wife's VW Beetle and love it because I never forget to close a window.

gprtech 05-21-2013 03:50 PM

I think I was mistaken. This is an option for the VIPER alarm system I'm installing.

honda50r 05-22-2013 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by gprtech (Post 399520)

I've never heard of that before

SuperSport 05-23-2013 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by gprtech (Post 399607)
I think I was mistaken. This is an option for the VIPER alarm system I'm installing.

On my Wife's VW, it was something I logged into the BCM and modified it a bit using VAG COM. A simple reprogram, and you can now lock the doors and the windows roll all the way up automatically. You can also roll them up/down using the lock and unlock buttons by holding them. If you have a sunroof, it also opens and closes that. Her's is a Convertible, but it does not raise lower the roof. :( On hard tops, it does though.

It's pretty cool, and I'd LOVE to get the feature on the Discovery.