Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Gaz Suspension Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Gaz Suspension Opinions

AB has the Super Gaz suspension kits on sale again. Discovery II 1.5" lift for $499.00. This price is attractive to me as I don't have a big budget but my 2000 DII is still rolling on the factory springs and shocks and is in definite need of an upgrade. I am also in need of new tires and was thinking of doing this suspension and 245/75-16 General Grabber AT2's.

I can;t find a lot of comments or opinions of this suspension, do any of you guys have experience with it? I'd love to hear you opinions if so. I know the OME setup is the preferred one but this price is very attractive.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Three Wheeling

The price is attractive because they are relatively new...and therefore have not been proven yet. Also, they dont offer many options as far as different height or ride packages. Usually cheaper coils tend to sag after a little while and your back in the same height vehicle that you started with...minus $500. If you are limited to $500, then try and find some lightly used OME or Rovertym springs on any of the multiple forums for sale. I see see a couple of them go on sale every week or so.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Drifting

is this available for p38 and would this option be availabe for replacing the EAS suspension? ie. instead of doing a coilover?

Old 02-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidG
AB has the Super Gaz suspension kits on sale again. Discovery II 1.5" lift for $499.00. This price is attractive to me as I don't have a big budget but my 2000 DII is still rolling on the factory springs and shocks and is in definite need of an upgrade. I am also in need of new tires and was thinking of doing this suspension and 245/75-16 General Grabber AT2's.

I can;t find a lot of comments or opinions of this suspension, do any of you guys have experience with it? I'd love to hear you opinions if so. I know the OME setup is the preferred one but this price is very attractive.
A 2in OME kit is only a little more than $100 more than this kit, tested/approved by many, and you have several different options to run for your truck. I would just give it a little more time and save that extra $100 and then you know you will be happy. If you go for this kit, who know...

These are just my thoughts - good luck.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Super Gaz is popular across the pond, but I am with everyone else. For the time and $$ you are spending, wait a bit and get the OME setup. You will be pleased that you waited.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Go to Lucky 8 and buy from a selection of OME lifts for $628 and get exactly what you want for the type of wheeling you do. Make sure to order a new steering stabilizer also.
By the way, will you be doing your own install?

Old 02-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Three Wheeling

Mike,

The OME lift with steering stabilizer from Lucky8 is $766.00 with shipping. I have a 5% off coupon from AB which will cover the shipping so their kit without steering stabilizer is $500.00. Without any negative feedback on the kit from AB it's hard to justify spending more than 50% more for the OME kit. I know that the OME kit is great and there is a lot of positive feedback from people who have purchased it.

What I really want is fresh non-bouncy suspension without a lift but haven't found anyone who sells that. I'm sure the dealer does but I haven't checked their prices yet. I don't really take the truck off-road other than the occasional bad driveway, gravel road or snowstorm.

I'm not trying to be cheap but there is a big difference in price between the two. I'd really like to hear from somebody who has installed the Super Gaz kit and driven on it for a while.

I will be doing the installation myself.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may have to visit a UK rover site to get feedback on those springs. Their website has some videos etc...

I would suggest, learn the OME & RTE setups and then go find one slightly used. You can reduce the cost greatly.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I wasn't ready to shell out the bucks for a lift, but needed to fix my suspension. I got lucky and got new springs for $20 (200 miles on them, installed new, but PO decided to go with a lift right after). I also got a set of Bilsteins for $200. I can't keep them when I go for the lift, but with this economy, they will be worn out before I have the extra cash.

As I said before, they're popular in Europe, but most over here use the OME/RTE setup. If you are just wanting to fix it, go for OEM springs, or try the Super Gaz for yourself. I am sure others would be interested to see how they work out. Call AB and see if they can give you anyone that has ran them.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick Reply: Super Gaz Suspension Opinions