Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   Superlock on, Door Open, Transmittor fkd, Keyhole fkd (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/superlock-door-open-transmittor-fkd-keyhole-fkd-95305/)

slanginsanjuan 06-18-2019 07:39 PM

Superlock on, Door Open, Transmittor fkd, Keyhole fkd

Yeah.

I was trying to fix my key transmitter. I got the broken microswitch off but it looks like there is only one connection, not the two.

So I locked the door with the transmitter but couldn't unlock.

Not my first go around so I kept the window opening trying to do all this. I can get in but Superlock is on. So can't start it.

I think my only solution for the transmitter is to find a pro cuz that second connection to the microswitch is gone.

The D2.

But I would like to drive there in the vehicle.

JUKE179r 06-19-2019 01:38 AM

If you can solder, the microswitch is easily available on eBay, Mouser or Digi-Key and easy to replace.

slanginsanjuan 06-19-2019 05:53 AM

i bought it. i was trying to solder but it looks like there is no connection on one side of the switch, im stuck.

Sandman614 06-19-2019 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by slanginsanjuan (Post 694096)
i bought it. i was trying to solder but it looks like there is no connection on one side of the switch, im stuck.

Take a picture. There is 2 connections, I'm wondering if when you removed the old switch that you also pulled off the copper pad.

abran 06-19-2019 11:54 AM

Take off the driver door panel, remove the door handle. Use a large phillips to turn the door lock actuator in the unlock direction.

Llamasayswhat 06-19-2019 02:08 PM

I would find someone who does electronic repair in your area if you can't get it soldered. When the microswitches break off, they will often take the little tab that it is soldered too. The board is still good, and you can still solder a new one back on, but its not as simple. You need to tin the spot on the board where it is supposed to go, then you can use the little mound of solder you created to attach the micro switch. If you want to mail it to hawaii, I can fix it in about 5 mins for you!

slanginsanjuan 06-20-2019 07:54 AM

That's cool. Thanks. I might. I wonder what I could trade you for that.

Because I took it to a shop and they said they couldn't fix it because that second spot was gone. They are going to try and fix the other one I have which has the same problem.

I dont understand what that second spot attaches to. A component on the other side? If so, wouldn't the solder have to go through the board and touch it to work?

slanginsanjuan 06-20-2019 07:55 AM

probably did just that.

Old Bertha 06-20-2019 08:12 AM

How much?

Originally Posted by Llamasayswhat (Post 694140)
I would find someone who does electronic repair in your area if you can't get it soldered. When the microswitches break off, they will often take the little tab that it is soldered too. The board is still good, and you can still solder a new one back on, but its not as simple. You need to tin the spot on the board where it is supposed to go, then you can use the little mound of solder you created to attach the micro switch. If you want to mail it to hawaii, I can fix it in about 5 mins for you!

Mine got some salt water on it and the unlock button and copper pad came off when I was cleaning all the connections and trying to stick it back down.... if you can do it just give me pm with a price and address!

slanginsanjuan 06-21-2019 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by abran (Post 694125)
Take off the driver door panel, remove the door handle. Use a large phillips to turn the door lock actuator in the unlock direction.

gonna try this now as the electronics guy botched the job. Island life.

i assume you're saying doing this will quit the superlock.

i think it'll be time soon to bypass the superlock function if possible.