Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TC and ABS

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TC and ABS

today when i started my truck up i noticed that my TC and ABS lights were on. all day it was driving just fine but i happend to start it up about 2 hours after i had driven it last and the lights came on. the weather isnt the best right now but i've def driven through worse with my truck, would this set the lights off ? also i noticed that the TC light came onlast nightat almost the same time as tonight after sitting for the same amount of time( 2hr practice sitting in 40 degree rainy weather) other than these 2 occasionsthelights have never came on and are gone the next time i drive. oh yeah i drive an 02 disco 2. any ideas ???

Old 12-19-2007, 10:38 PM
Mudding
Default RE: TC and ABS

There are a lot of posts on this issue, I being one of them.I have an '01 and we call it the 3 Amigo lights. ABS/TC/ Hill Decent. This can range anywhere from one of the ABS Sensors, to a wheel hub, to the ABS Modulator. The regular code reader cannot clear the codes, you will need to see a LR Dealer or a shop that can get into the ABS part of the ECU to find out what the code is and to clear it. I was able to pull the code from my code reader which was 1590, which in my case turned out according to the Dealer, that I needed to have an "overlay harness" installed on the right front wheel.I didn't have them changethe harnessyet, just cleared the code, and 65 miles later the lights came back on.If you go on a gravel road or a slick surface and brake hard when the lights are on,and your brakes pulsate, your ABS is still working and chances are it is not the modulator. Now if yours have gone off (that's the way mine started), this may be just for now and the code is probably stored and the lights may re appear. The only problem when the lights are onthe traction control and hill decent do not work since they all feed from the same system. If I missed anything the others will jump in.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:30 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

So are you only getting 2 of the common 3 Amigos?
Has your road surface been really slippery?
How often do you change your brake fluid?

Old 12-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Drifting

yeah only the TC and ABS have come one ( twice for the TC and only once for the ABS ). i drove today and no lights came on. as far as the roads being slippery i guess they have been, only light rain. but like i said i've driven through much worse and nothing has come on. brake fluid im not sure about, i've only had the truck a couple of months now and haveonly hadmy oil changed. however i did notice some black stuff that looks like it has been splashed on my rear wheels kinda like tar they use for roads but i havent driven through any newly paved roads. would that be a wheel hub problem?