Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

terrafirma lift?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been considering doing my suspension. At what point (2", 3", ...) do you need to extend your brake hoses and linkages?

Old 11-20-2010, 08:11 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fireman
I have been considering doing my suspension. At what point (2", 3", ...) do you need to extend your brake hoses and linkages?
I would replace the brake hoses with some stainless ones anyhow if they are original. I think the ABS wires are long enough to handle a 3" if you reroute them. Youll probably be fine with the brake hoses at 3" but youll like the better brake performance if you change them out.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:46 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

SO regardless of MD or HD Terrafirma coil springs, everybody going with the +2 shocks?

Any idea why the MD cost more? Just curious.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Rover_Hokie
OK, guys some seem to have went with the HD and some the Medium Duty. Do both give you the 2 to 2.25 inch lift? Compared to a good stock ride, how does each compare in firmness and "tippy" ride at hwy speeds? I need a lift, but do not want that much lift. I just started wheeling a bit, and do pull my boat, utility trailer and camping trailer, so would still like to have a reasonably safe and stable tow vehicle after the lift.

Would one or the other settle faster giving me more of a 1.5 to 2 lift over a year or so? Would the Med Duty settle faster?

Discoboy,

"The MD Terrafirma was less firm than my brother's OME", was the OME MD or HD or Extra HD on your brother's D2 that you compared the ride of your MD TF lift?
My brother went with the HD. For you go HD because you're going to tow. I might need to upgrade to HD if I get a front bumper, will see how that goes. I do really enjoy the ride now, truck doesn't float and decent over bumps.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Long Haul
I would replace the brake hoses with some stainless ones anyhow if they are original. I think the ABS wires are long enough to handle a 3" if you reroute them. Youll probably be fine with the brake hoses at 3" but youll like the better brake performance if you change them out.
You will definitely need to replace the brake hoses on the D2, mine were stretched when vehicle is on a lift, so imagine how much worse it would be if you disconnected the sway bars. I ordered my extended steel braided lines from Justin at Lucky8.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Three Wheeling

I was looking under the truck checking on my lift and noticed there is writing on the front springs with a permanent marker saying driver side and the other passenger side. Well you can just say there on the wrong side. Is this gonna make any difference. Thanks

Old 11-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Rover Rebel
I was looking under the truck checking on my lift and noticed there is writing on the front springs with a permanent marker saying driver side and the other passenger side. Well you can just say there on the wrong side. Is this gonna make any difference. Thanks

Its probably just gonna start leaning to the drivers side once they settle. Now would be the time to swap them while everything is still loose and not rusted up yet.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by discoboy
You will definitely need to replace the brake hoses on the D2, mine were stretched when vehicle is on a lift, so imagine how much worse it would be if you disconnected the sway bars. I ordered my extended steel braided lines from Justin at Lucky8.

Yeah I had the Goodridge ones that Justin sells on mine untill i went with the bigger lift. Im more familiar withe the DI I wasnt sure if the DII was about the same or not

Old 11-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Three Wheeling

I was hoping to not have to take it back apart but your right, now would be the time. Thanks again