Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transfer Case Shift Indication Missing

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 04:11 PM
Mudding
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Transfer Case Shift Indication Missing

Hey all, not sure if this is any cause for concern but I can't seem to find anything else on the forum. When I used to shift my transfer case I would get a tone and a light on the dash, but neither of them come on anymore when I shift. The transfer case still shifts fine and everything else seems to work as well.

Another couple things that could be related is sometimes when I turn the ignition on but not the engine, I get M+S flashing lights, but they stop after I start so it hasn't concerned me all that much. Occasionally I will also hear a moderately loud sort of shaking? I guess? from the outside of the vehicle but can't hear it from the inside. It is on and off and I cannot track it down. I think maybe the transfer case hasn't fully shifted but I can't pull into high range anymore than it is. It hasn't really happened in a while but I'm putting everything out there. Another thing is that according to my owners manual, in low range, hitting the mode button should enter M for manual mode, but the S appears initially regardless of transfer case and gearbox position. After some driving it will eventually switch to M. When I change gears in this instance using the selector in low range, I believe it changes to the appropriate gear regardless of the M or S but I am not 100%.

I shift through all gears no problem in high range and I still have all the power that I have always had. I don't really know what to make of this so any insight would be great. I'm thinking a transfer case selector switch if there is one but I wouldn't know where to look or how to test.
Thanks