Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   two button remote/key fob programming (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/two-button-remote-key-fob-programming-27767/)

rwatkins3678 12-23-2009 12:39 PM

two button remote/key fob programming

Does one really have to bring a 2 button remote to the dealer to program it so it opens/locks the doors? or is there programming sequence one can do by yourself? (1998 Discovery LE)

LANDZUII 12-23-2009 01:22 PM

Mine is a 96 and has two buttons and I can program it myself.
It will tell you in your owners manual.
I will look once I get home in mine but as I recall you lock the driver door and with the red light in the dash blinking fast you press the lock button on the remote then unlock it with the key and try to lock it with the remote.

JHDisco2 12-23-2009 04:45 PM

Sorry... I didn't see this thread when I posted mine... same thing happening with my buddys 98. His is the 2 button fob also. All he did was change the battery in the fob and it started to not work.

Jeff

JHDisco2 12-23-2009 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by LANDZUII (Post 154614)
Mine is a 96 and has two buttons and I can program it myself.
It will tell you in your owners manual.
I will look once I get home in mine but as I recall you lock the driver door and with the red light in the dash blinking fast you press the lock button on the remote then unlock it with the key and try to lock it with the remote.

What makes the red light start flashing?

JHDisco2 12-23-2009 09:17 PM

Bump.

LANDZUII 12-27-2009 10:16 AM

1.Ok on the hand set (remote) once you have it open and old battery out press each button for at least five seconds, this will drain any residual power from the hand set.

2.Fit the new battery with the positive side up, take care to not touch anything else.

3.After the remote is back together unlock the Rover with the key ,
then operate the lock button on the remote at least four times.
Then the remote is ready for use.

Or so the owners manual has said.
This is from mine and its a 1996.

I hope it helps.

Gary Atkinson 11-26-2011 07:16 AM

I have a 94 discovery i lost my fob so got out the spare put in a new battery the fob lights up but will not open the car if i open it with the key the alarm goes can I re bound the fob with the car my self as it is ie the imoboliser is armed I would be so greatfull for any help on this matter thank gary

Extinct 08-19-2014 08:58 PM

Bringing this thread back to life, does anyone know if you can use an original Lucas two button remote (not the key remote) on a DII?

Discorama 01-07-2019 12:32 AM

Years later ... iLAND Diagnostic Tool allows to program fobs into your car. AB sells the tool. It is quite expensive ($399), but if you are a DIYer it might be a useful investment anyway.