Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   ..:: The Vaccum Situation ::.. (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/vaccum-situation-82363/)

adolfojbonilla 01-08-2017 09:16 AM

..:: The Vaccum Situation ::..

Hello Roverers,

What should be the reason why after driving a while, and arriving at my destination, I hear the "vaccum" go on for a brief moment, then off again?

What should I need to look at to correct it, if it is a problem to correct ...I've noticed it being done a handful of times, I think.

Thank you all! ;-]#

mollusc 01-08-2017 09:49 AM

Do you mean the compressor for the air shocks?

OffroadFrance 01-08-2017 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by adolfojbonilla (Post 591023)
Hello Roverers,

What should be the reason why after driving a while, and arriving at my destination, I hear the "vaccum" go on for a brief moment, then off again?

What should I need to look at to correct it, if it is a problem to correct ...I've noticed it being done a handful of times, I think.

Thank you all! ;-]#

What you are more likely hearing is the rear air suspension compressor running. Due to the SLS the truck corrects the level when you stop and leave the truck and again when you use the remote to re-enter the truck. This is quite normal and not a problem, that's assuming you have rear air suspension and SLS.

Best4x4 01-08-2017 10:40 AM

It also helps if members fill out their signature with their vehicle specs. Makes diagnosis SO MUCH easier.

LR03NJ 01-08-2017 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Best4x4 (Post 591037)
It also helps if members fill out their signature with their vehicle specs. Makes diagnosis SO MUCH easier.

True. Are models similarly equipped?

adolfojbonilla 01-08-2017 01:49 PM

I'm pretty sure my signature does have my truck's specs, in any case it is a 2002 Disco S2 SE ...and no, it is not the rear suspension, is the vaccum motor thay goes on every morning after you start the truck, but it goes on every now and then, as soon as I arrive at my destination.

adolfojbonilla 01-08-2017 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by mollusc (Post 591030)
Do you mean the compressor for the air shocks?

...nope, no air shocks on my truck.

adolfojbonilla 01-08-2017 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance (Post 591032)
What you are more likely hearing is the rear air suspension compressor running. Due to the SLS the truck corrects the level when you stop and leave the truck and again when you use the remote to re-enter the truck. This is quite normal and not a problem, that's assuming you have rear air suspension and SLS.

...nope, no rear air suspension on my truck.

adolfojbonilla 01-08-2017 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Best4x4 (Post 591037)

...hmmm, thought I had, but it is a 2002 Disco S2 SE

adolfojbonilla 01-08-2017 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by LR03NJ (Post 591040)
True. Are models similarly equipped?

...guess not.