Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

water leakage

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 10:31 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water leakage

'04 Disco II

Theceiling linerabove the passenger side windshield post is getting wet during significant rains. I checked the drip rail and molding and they seem fine, but it sure does look like a poorly fitted system and I can see why it would leak. Anyone have this problem? Under warranty, but I really don't want to take it in for this - on the other hand a moldy lining doesn't thrill me either. Let me know if anyone has used an extra piece of molding or caulking to remedy this. Thanks.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: water leakage

It might be the sunroof or poor seal on the windshield.

This is something you want to be sure is properly address when it's found and fixed. In addition to the obvious headliner issues, leaks in the sunroof and windshield seals can lead to rusting on the downslope of the roof (just over the windshield). This can be happening even when there's no water making it's way to the inside of the vehicle.

Old 06-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had the same problem for sometime now and cant seem to fix it.I replaced the windshield and still have the same problem. I have a D1.

Old 06-04-2007, 03:07 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

You don't need to replace a windshield if it is leaking, you have it resealed. If the sun roof drains are plugged you need to blow some low pressure air thru the tubes to clean them out.
Mike

Old 06-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Three Wheeling

I just had the SAME issue as jdelp.

My leak was coming from the driver's side windshield post. It was getting wet at that area of the headliner.(duringheavy rains) I was very reluctant to take it in as well to the dealer (eventhough my Disco is still under warranty). I did anyway.

The techs determined it was a bad seal on windshield- right there at the corner of the top winshield....basically the windshield company (that the Land Rover dealership works with) had it "caulked" w/some kind of black winshield caulking sealant. It took a day to work on the disco as it needed to stay inside while it was being dried.

Ironically the day after I picked it up, it started to rain heavily....but the problem was fixed and no more leakage.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a crack in my windshield from a stone so i had it replaced, also i rolled my Disco and my windshield was fine go figure. I ll check my sunroof drains.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Rock Crawling

Okay, so I'm not alone in this one. I'm going to take a pressure hose and test it today hopefully. Mike, where do the drains from the sunroof come out, not seeing it?

Old 08-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Three Wheeling

bump for an anwser on this last question....

Old 08-15-2007, 02:38 PM
ajh
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you accelerate do you get any coming in the back end of the headliner? My problem was the sunroof was not sealed properly, had to re-seal it, figuring it out was hell though because the dealer could not make it leak... the reason, the drains are on the front edge of the sunroof not on the various sides (I'm going to fix this on mine by adding some) and the sun-blind attachment points are only half-way up the tray and need to be siliconed closed or if you park on any kind of backward incline the leak goes out those openings rather than out the drain tubes. Bad design.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Three Wheeling

Lets say it rains throughout the night...The next morning I get in and I notice that the passenger headliner is wet and also where the seat belt comes out as well....

Quick Reply: water leakage